Custom group based on a phrase included in a certain path

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

raptor|3D

Custom group based on a phrase included in a certain path

Post by raptor|3D »

Hello,
I would like to ask you for advice.
I want items in the Mini scrap to be grouped according to specific rule - if the item (folder or file) contains certain text phrase in its path it should be grouped under defined group. I have tried Path [S] as rule definition and typed the desired phrase into the Find column but it did not work.

Here is an example. Let´s say I have got a project named "color" and corresponding folder named "color" with path D:\test_x2\color .
Following subfolders are contained within a "color" folder:

D:\test_x2\color\blue
D:\test_x2\color\red
D:\test_x2\color\green
D:\test_x2\color\green\true green.tif

When the folders "blue", "red", "green" and the file "true green.tiff" are dropped to the Mini scrap they should be grouped under the custom group named for example "Color project" because they share the same phrase in their pathes.

Unfortunately I don´t know what membership rule to use in order for it to work. I would be thankful for advice. Thanks in advance.
raptor|3D

Post by raptor|3D »

Sorry for the rash question.  I have gotten it to work. The key was to delete the additional rule (a text) from the column "Named:" located in the "Group membership rule" option box. When I used only Additional rules > Path [S] > Find:+color it started to behave like expected.

It is a good way to somehow organize the Miniscrap when you for example drop there various folders with names that does not say much about them or when you have several folders with the same name in the Mini scrap as targets for drag and drop operation and want to know which is which.