Bookmarks disappear

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Since you are running in explorer replacement mode you need to exit x2 completely using either Alt-X or with the menu File/Exit before you import the settings file. In explorer replacement mode x2 stays resident (ie. does not actually exit) if you just click the X on the top right unless you disable resident behavior.

See this thread.

How are you running x2 as admin?
right-click and run as admin
disable UAC
etc
chgoguy7

Post by chgoguy7 »

I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but I was also experiencing the disappearing bookmarks problem and I resolved it like this:

Verify that your bookmarks are present under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC.global\Favorites
If the bookmarks are not present here, import the exported registry settings file if you have created one and see if that correct the problem.

If the bookmarks are present in the registry but are still not showing up in xplorer2, open the xplorer2 Settings Editor (Options | Advanced Settings) and enable the following option "In explorer replacement mode, don't stay resident after all windows are closed." Open xplorer2 and see if the bookmarks are restored.
lvsunz

Post by lvsunz »

FrizzleFry,
I think I'm OK now. I'm closing by clicking on File/Exit after doing backup & am monitoring Registry entries each time. I'd forgotten TSR 'rules'. I right click & Run as Admin. Thanks much.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

It would be interesting to see how many of the people who are having problems with bookmarks disappearing are using explorer replacement mode resident or running as admin.
Pyradur

Post by Pyradur »

I've the same problems with disappearing bookmarks.
Because most of the bookmarks are from a network-PC, I thought this would be only if the remote PC is not accessable.

And another BIG problemm too: As I deleted one of the bookmarks, the complete original directory was deleted, not only the bookmark!!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there is no way deleting a bookmark from Bookmarks > Organize menu will affect a folder, you must be doing something else