1.7.2.6 [Unicode]: AudioShell does not work.

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

1.7.2.6 [Unicode]: AudioShell does not work.

Post by Tuxman »

In current xplorer² release, the AudioShell extension does not work anymore.
Hovering a .mp3, .flac or similar file does - nothing. No tooltip appears. Tooltips for .jpg files still work fine, so it seems to be related to AudioShell.

In Windows Explorer everything is O.K. (Vista). Any ideas?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

did you enable infotips in xplorer2? See Tools > Options > Window > View
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Yep, I have. Disabling it doesn't make it work either.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I'll look into it
now that i remember, i had an issue with audioshell only showing infotips when x2 was running as administrator

do you see the audioshell columns in detailed view?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

nikos wrote:i had an issue with audioshell only showing infotips when x2 was running as administrator
Weird. I am logged in as administrator... :)
nikos wrote:do you see the audioshell columns in detailed view?
Obviously not, the "Album" column is empty  for FLAC files, so I presume it is the Windows' one.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Meanwhile I tested it with 1.7.2.19 and 1.7.2.20, and the problem still persists, so, at least, it's not a configuration failure. :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

could this be an issue where your audioshell and xplorer2 are different in the 64/32 bit sense? (only possible if you are on 64 bit windows)
Dhamu

Post by Dhamu »

I got a new notebook, and I put xplorer² 1.8.0.0 x64 on it, and installed AudioShell several times, getting what looks like a positive response of "DllRegisterServer on AudioShellExt.dll succeeded," but no fields show up in columns or in F12 properties, despite multiple installs, restarts of xplorer², and reboots of the notebook.  Yes, I run x² as Administrator

If this is a 32/64 disagreement, is there an x64 equivalent of AudioShell?  Contrarily, what would I lose by running x²/32 on Windows 7?  Anything huge?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it looks like a 32/64 bit issue, try the 32 bit xplorer2. What you would lose is shell extensions that work only in 64 bit

however the native windows 7 audio information columns could work good enough so that you don't need audioshell?
c141heaven

AudioShell

Post by c141heaven »

I've been having a lot of trouble with X2 crashing when displaying auto info like duration, bitrate, etc.   This only started when I upgraded to 1.8.0.0.

Then I came across this discussion about AudioShell and gave it a try.   Still crashes when showing audio info....and worse yet...still I lose any custom settings, toolbars, etc.,  every time it does, even if I have exited from X2 and restarted before the crash.    Something is not right here.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you think this only started for v1.8, grab v1.72 and see if it also crashes or not:
http://download.cnet.com/Xplorer2/3000- ... ?tag=mncol