Mouse Gestures: Moving Backwards, or Moving Ahead?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Mouse gestures will be a most welcome new feature in xplorer2

Mouse gestures will be a most welcome new feature in xplorer2
10%
I don't care about mouse gestures as a feature in xplorer2
90%

Total votes: 10

AllyKat

Mouse Gestures: Moving Backwards, or Moving Ahead?

Post by AllyKat »

For my very second post here, I would like to revisit this post here, and resubmit for consideration the request submitted way back then: Please, please see if mouse gestures can be provided in xplorer2 as an option. The employment of this feature in Opera is nothing short of masterful and an absolute boon to productivity when so  much time is spent wandering through pages, directories, folders...

Mouse gestures - even if only for moving backwards and forwards - top my personal wish list for xplorer2. Thank you for listening.
Whitman

Post by Whitman »

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

Using plugins, gestures can be added to any app.
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

The funny thing here that I for one love the fact that I can use x2 without touching mouse at all. :)
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

One major advantage of these alternative file managers is that you can control them via hotkeys. A mouse is - for me - a productivity killer, even with gestures. Moving my hand off the keyboard takes its time.
AllyKat

Post by AllyKat »

Thanks everyone, I'm starting to love this place already ...  :D

@Whitman: I'm very grateful for the link you provided.

@wasker: Different strokes for different blokes - way to go. Some problems posed though: escaping the clutches of a mouse when one suffers from a physical handicap (no pun intended).

@Tuxman: I agree, but what do you do when you run umpteen progs, all with their own set of hot keys, and suffer memory lapse? I already lose track of the most common ones I use for xplorer2. Pushing a mouse is a no-brainer.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

AllyKat wrote:what do you do when you run umpteen progs, all with their own set of hot keys, and suffer memory lapse?
So far that doesn't happen for me. The more often I use a hotkey, the easier I remember it.