Adding settings from WinXP x86 into Win7 x64 xplorer2 64?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

actually to come to think of it, i think x2 did require me to start it right away after installation.  so it may indeed by the hanging .exe  i closed x2 when it was maximized and clicking on the window close button.
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

Don't miss the EDIT in my last post.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

This TSR behaviour of x2 is, if I recall, one of the effects of selecting it as the explorer replacement when installing (numerous threads on that subject).  I've only ever used that for testing (re-imaged afterwards), never as part of daily practice.

Not un-interesting, though I've never seen it on x64.

The symptoms of a silent background process certainly match (even something as off-hand as a cancelled file transfer process, which was never properly terminated).  Missing/scrambled bookmarks are a known symptom when x2 is running while importing a reg.

Well spotted Cosmo, I missed that.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

good detective work cosmo!
to make sure you really quit xplorer2 press alt+X (FIle > Exit) or disable the "stay in memory" mode from the registry settings editor
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

I would really like the OP to answer my questions, but as long as he doesn't:

Nikos, perhaps you understand now better, why I suggested some time ago to provide an icon for the alt-X-command, which can be placed in the toolbar. Users, who prefer to use the mouse will in many case hate to switch to the keyboard for just that command and the way via File menu -> exit is to circumstantial. My guess is, that OP simply clicked the cross in the upper right corner, but this is the equivalent for alt-f4.

I use the chance for repeating my request.
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

i closed x2 when it was maximized and clicking on the window close button.

so are you saying the .exe staying open is normal and is a result of me selecting it to replace windows explorer?

instead of rebooting, could i have just ended the .exe and then imported?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yes, you could have killed it with task manager