Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

CrossX
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

How can I hide drive a: in Drivebar?

Post by CrossX »

Hi guys!
Wonderful program, but I have a request.

It seems to me that in version 1.7.2.6 somehow I managed to delete drive a: from Drivebar, but now with 1.8.0.0 it reappears there and the drive "scratches" (I mean it makes that annoying noise... sgraat! sgraat!) everytime I open xplorer2.

Is there any option to hide drive a?
Or some other workaround?
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

I remember this, and I used TweakUI (Win XP for me) to get rid of Drive A in Explorer (TweakUI menu My Computer->Drives).  When, once in a very great while, I have to use the floppy, then I have to reenable it in TweakUI, but not having the constant grinding when opening X2 or Explorer makes it worth it.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

does the "scratching" go away when you hide the drivebar?
CrossX
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrossX »

No, just tried.
So it is not a matter of "drivebar"

Maybe I forgot what happened with 1.7.2.6 (maybe it happened also before) and maybe it has always been in that way.

Anyway that's not a problem, it is only that when I open explorer the led in drive a: turns on and it it tries to read something from the "not existant" floppy (anyway... only one brief sgrat! :wink: that can be tolerated)

Thanks for your replies :)
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

The tip in the following post shows how to hide any additional drive on your computer

viewtopic.php?p=39394#39394
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
CrossX
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrossX »

Thanks.. but it doesn't solve my small problem (if we can call it that way)

Most of all I am wondering if something has changed in 1.8.0.0, compared to 1.7.2.6, regarding some check that is made on drive a: at program start
kdyer

Post by kdyer »

CrossX wrote:Thanks.. but it doesn't solve my small problem (if we can call it that way)

Most of all I am wondering if something has changed in 1.8.0.0, compared to 1.7.2.6, regarding some check that is made on drive a: at program start
Please Note: You can hide Drive A: (or any drive for that matter) in Group Policy if you are on a domain.  Please see your Active Directory Administrator for how to do this.

HTH,

Kent