TortoiseSVN 1.6.6 + xplorer2 Pro 1.8.0.1 - TSVN-Delete

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

petemounce

TortoiseSVN 1.6.6 + xplorer2 Pro 1.8.0.1 - TSVN-Delete

Post by petemounce »

I'm on Windows 7, x86.

If I right click on a file inside of a subversion working-copy, and select TortoiseSVN -> Delete, then the operation seems to bypass TortoiseSVN's SVN-delete operation.  Instead, the file (or directory) is just sent to the recycle bin and the working copy will have a "missing" entry for that file.

What should happen is that TortoiseSVN intercepts the call, and does the "svn rm foo" equivalent, telling the working-copy that the file is intentionally removed.

In 1.7.something, this used to work.  Has it been broken by the new xplorer2 feature relating to "robust delete"?  Is there a way to check, by turning off that feature?

Can I provide any further information that'd be relevant?  I'm cross-posting this to the TortoiseSVN developer mailing list.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

See also this discussion.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you are talking to the tsvn people perhaps you can ask them if they somehow changed their context menu extension so that their TSVN Delete command identifies itself with 'delete' as a verb, in which case xplorer2 will think you are trying to do a regular file delete?

if so that would be a poor name choise in TSVN as this conflicts with the normal delete command found in the shell context menu
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Nikos, I kind of understand your logic, but somehow this works in Explorer w/o any problems...
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
petemounce

Post by petemounce »

Yes; works in regular windows explorer fine, for me.

There have been no replies in the TSVN forum yet, but it's at this thread: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMe ... ssagefocus
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i don't think this is an issue with xplorer2 v1.8... i bet if you try v1.72 it will behave the same?
mmelo

Post by mmelo »

wasker wrote:Nikos, I kind of understand your logic, but somehow this works in Explorer w/o any problems...
... not just on Explorer but also on explorer replacements other than x2.   8)
petemounce

Post by petemounce »

nikos wrote:i don't think this is an issue with xplorer2 v1.8... i bet if you try v1.72 it will behave the same?
Please point me at the earlier versions' distributables (I had a look on filehippo.com, but no luck there, and didn't find it on your site via the mirrors page)?  Happy to try it.  Is a flash video of a reproduction ok, if I can repro it?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

try the lite version, that's still v1.72
www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

64-bit version anyone?
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
petemounce

Post by petemounce »

nikos wrote:try the lite version, that's still v1.72
www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm
I have just tried that.  I installed side-by-side with xplorer pro, and then ran the TSVN delete through xplorer2 lite 1.72 - same behaviour.

I then uninstalled xplorer2 pro and rebooted.  Same test, TSVN delete via xplorer2 lite 1.72 - same behaviour.

I then noticed TSVN 1.6.7 has been released.  I installed that and rebooted, and tried the same test - tsvn-delete does the desired thing.

I uninstalled xplorer2 lite, reinstalled xplorer2 pro 1.8.0.1, rebooted, and tried TSVN delete - works.

I don't know what the problem was, but it seems to have disappeared with TSVN 1.6.7.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

perhaps they took the hint and renamed the tsvn delete verb? :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

is it just me or somebody's leaking GDI handles whenever the folder background menu shows? (both in x2 and windows explorer). THis is easy to check, open task manager, make sure that user/gdi objects columns are enabled, hilight xplorer2 in the applications list, then right click 'nowhere' in x2 to open the folder background menu, and close it without doing anything. As you repeat this you will observe the GDI handle count increasing steadily by 3 each cycle!

i thought that it was TSVN leaking bitmaps or something but when i just right click on a folder item, where tsvn also adds items to the context menu, there is no leak.

can anybody else see this?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I cannot reproduce that.
GDI object count stays fixed at a count in low 200's and neither increases nor decreases with repeated "invoke-then-close" folder context menu action.
This with x2 v1801(x64) on win7 running on my hp cr@ptop.
(btw - I do not use TSVN.)
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

I confirm that lates TSVN doesn't have the problem with Delete on Win7x64.