sort of beta build 1803

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

mystery solved! all you guys have customized the keyboard already so you missed out on this new 'weird' command

vas, which drive is missing? could it be unconnected? double check with 1801
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

With v1.8.0.1, I get

The D:\ drive icon is missing from the latest beta even though it is listed in the drop down.
Vas
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote:mystery solved! all you guys have customized the keyboard already so you missed out on this new 'weird' command
I have indeed customised the K/B.
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Fixed. I lock the toolbars as standard. When I unlocked them and moved the toolbar handle out a little, the icon reappeared again, panick over.

sorry. :oops:
Vas
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

Some thoughts:

1. regarding the show / hide hidden files keyboard only command: I think, there should be a tool-bar-icon provided, as this would give the possibility to see the current setting (similar as with the sticky mode).

2. regarding the Administrator-command: Fine thing. I use starting x2 from inside a limited account with a RunAs-command in a second instance (as I said here on my 2nd post on 22. Oct 2009 in the last paragraph). The Administrator-command does nothing else. But at now I miss the possibility, to modify the command with adding an /S parameter to start the elevated instance with a different layout, so that I see with one glimpse the elevation. Perhaps this is already in nikos' mind for the final release: In the advanced settings editor the possibility to edit the command line for the Administrator-command.

3. An old, old annoying problem, that should finally get solved:
Cosmo wrote:Another thing, which bothers me since a long time: Wherever in x2 you have to set a value (e.g. defining an advanced rule with a creation date for a file), where you can change the value with 2 arrows up/down (in German this is called "Drehfeld", translated "rotary field", can someone please tell me the official English word for that?), you have to click the down arrow to rise the value and the up arrow to lower the value. Not only is this against all logic (and again and again I at first click the wrong value), it is contrary to all other programs, where in this kind of field "up" is really "up" and "down" means in fact "down". Please use the next version to correct this.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I agree with cosmo on the above, including the old annoying problem of mis-directed up/dn arrows on the spin controls that I also pointed out 'way back when x2 was in early development. (e.g.: Oct.2003, and Apr.2004)
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

I deleted

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC.global\Accelerators\binAccelTable

and the toggle hidden shortcut now works.

The 33163 command shows up in Miscellaneous.

I did play around with keyboard customization at one point but I had done a reset all.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

ok i made some fixes and now this new hidden files command should appear for all people. Another way to access it is Help > COmmand finder menu, type hidden and it will show up
MKairys
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MKairys »

I should have tried this by now since I'm one who has been agitating for a hidden files button :)

It all works correctly on my system but I notice an odd visual effect with 1803: all my custom icons (but not the standard ones) are outlined in red!  Here's a picture:

BTW I agree with Cosmo that there should be a standard button whose appearance reflects the current setting.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

did you add bleach? :)
check for the manifest file in the program folder
also did you try the new skins mentioned at the beginning of this post?
MKairys
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MKairys »

nikos wrote:...the manifest file in the program folder...
That was it, thanks!
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote:ok i made some fixes and now this new hidden files command should appear for all people. Another way to access it is Help > COmmand finder menu, type hidden and it will show up
Ver 1.8.0.4
33163 is now in the Misc. keyboard commands and I can assign a key to it. It didn't have the default key assigned, is that because I have customized my keyboard?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Curiously the menuhack for hidden files only refreshes and updates the active pane, which feels a little weird.  Think I'll go back to the old method which may be messy, but had the benefit of updating the display of both panes at the same time.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Where did you get 1804?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Somebody doesn't read the blogs.