[1.8.0.7] Filtering by name - am I too stupid?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[1.8.0.7] Filtering by name - am I too stupid?

Post by Tuxman »

(Been too lazy for that so far, I am currently digging a bit deeper into x²'s advanced functionality, so expect more threads like this one in the next few weeks. :lol:)

Following situation: I am in my, cough, rescued music folder, containing a lot of subfolders. Eight of those have "ange" as a part of their name. Now when I press ^H and type *ange*, nothing changes, except that the "Active Filter" icon is shown in status bar. I actually expect it to hide everything but the eight subfolders I mentioned.

Does the filter only apply to file names or is this a bug?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

OK, I realized that quick search and "show only selected" does what I want, but I rather thought this would be a filtering issue. It is rather weird to have this under "Mark" when you don't actually want to mark.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Ctrl+H: From the help file "...All files that have matching names will be displayed in the folder pane, and the rest will be hidden from view. Note that folders in the pane are not hidden...".

Alt+H should do what you want. Select the "Folders" checkbox and only folders matching the name are displayed.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Ah, indeed. :) Was my fault then. Thank you.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de