Intermittent > xplorer2 pro hangs

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

AllyKat

Intermittent > xplorer2 pro hangs

Post by AllyKat »

xplorer2 1.8.0.9 [Unicode] | Windows XP SP3:

I am reluctant to post this, due to of the lack of specifics. The error is totally intermittent. Xplorer2 will hang when I open it to run. It will exit the moment I close it and should I start it immediately again thereafter, it will do so effortlessly and will keep on doing so until the next hang-incident. Previous versions (one or two ago - I did not count) suffered from the same error. Newer, clean installs did not serve to kill it.

Your solution would be most welcome.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you are restarting on unavailable network folders it could be an explanation. Use /N command line switch to tell xplorer2 not to reopen network folders
AllyKat

Post by AllyKat »

No. Nikos, that's not it. Could it perhaps be related to the process being run as a different user, although I, the sole admin/user, have not changed anything - that I know of :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

As it appears you are using x2 in replacement mode, try disabling the stay resident box in Tools -> Advanced Options -> Global

(And hopefully any previous "hacks" you may have tried earlier (to jig replacement) won't have any serious repercussions.)

(Keep in mind I'm only guessing at the problem, as you recognized it's a bit vague to start with :wink:)

x2 should automatically close it's process before starting the advanced options editor, but just in case make sure there are no leftover "extra" processes running first as a precaution.