Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

For what it's worth:

1. I like the colors. Bold and unique.
2. The page is a little busy. I'd put the "Pick one of the 3 available versions" business on a different page; let people click to it.

Nice,
Brig
cindysdad

Post by cindysdad »

The layout is clean and informative.  The links to videos are right out there where potential new customers can grab them easily.

The new logo is too subtle.  Stick with the old one that looks like a book opening to X2.

Dump the "user level" row all together.  It's a turn off.

Replace 'Ultimate' with Pro+.  The Pro+ version just includes a couple of addons.  That doesn't make it any Better than the Pro.  'Ultimate' sounds like the Pro version is missing something, which it is not.

"traditional dual pane orthodox file managers", makes me want to browse around the net some more to find all those other managers that I don't know about.  Replace with  "the dual pane manager".

The yellow and green/brown backgrounds are witness to the fact that you are spending far too much time changing baby diapers.

Hope this helps.   :roll:
oscarspaz

Post by oscarspaz »

I don't like the green color - this is very subjective.
The new design is very busy. Don't know where to focus or to begin.

My work involves SEO. Some of the things I learn is:
1. aim for eye scanning
2. what text should pop out to visitor if the first 7sec on your site.
3. what is the thing that will start the conversation with your visitor.
4. Do not put equally weight actions on the page - causes the visitor to pause and try to sort out what they really want to do. (e.g. all the video links on the new design are equally weighed. Just an intro video link would be better).

Look forward to the new website.
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

oscarspaz wrote:causes the visitor to pause and try to sort out what they really want to do.
That's a bad thing
Remember, SEO is a dark science.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

latest incarnation, nearly finished looks-wise
www.zabkat.com/newsite
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Now how is portability related to the user level?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
oscarspaz

Post by oscarspaz »

1. I like the line "Are you fed up with windows explorer?" very much.
The line tells it all - what this website is and what this product is.

Would like to see the text in a much bigger font that will stand out and grabs attention.

2.  I would think if someone is search for an explorer replacement, the first or second thought come to mind would be "Can I use it on my Window ___" - 2000, xp, vista, 32bit, 64bit, etc.

May want to emphasize that upfront so that visitors do not have to search for it. I know that the info is on the webpage but not very obvious - font size is small and no highlight, etc. The rule of thumb is "can someone be able to get that piece of info in the first 7 sec of scanning the website in an F pattern?"

Don't take my word for it. Somebody has done a lot of research into this and there are free articles written about it. http://www.useit.com/

3. I don't see the selling point about "dual panels"? I don't know if most of your customers buy xplorer because of this feature. If they did, I will definitely find a place for it on the home page.

4. Placing the lifehacker review and seal above the fold will establish trust and authority. New visitors will be more willing to test Xplorer. It is kind of like if "it is good enough for them [my trusted authority - techcrunch, CNET, barns and noble, etc,], may be it is good enough for me"

:)
fuxs
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by fuxs »

Screenshot: Me thinks  those GUIDs in the pane-titles target a special audience, most likely not newbies...
 :shock:

This is BTW one think I never understood: Why do we have to see those annoying GUIDs for system folders?
fuxs