Quick way to Open folders in Other Panel ?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

kkmann

Quick way to Open folders in Other Panel ?

Post by kkmann »

Hi,

sometime, when i work on left panel, and i want to open a folder to the right panel as new tab , i have to copy the path from that left folder, then paste it to the right panel path..This way is so inconvience..

does any one know better to open open in other panel ?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Highlight the folder you wish to open, and press Ctrl + Alt + Ins.

It should be pointed out that that will always open the folder in the opposite pane as a new tab - if you don't want a new tab, simply Alt + Enter will do.
kkmann

Post by kkmann »

Thanks Kilmatead,

how can i make button for this ? what command should i put as in "Description" ?
Kilmatead wrote:Highlight the folder you wish to open, and press Ctrl + Alt + Ins.

It should be pointed out that that will always open the folder in the opposite pane as a new tab - if you don't want a new tab, simply Alt + Enter will do.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Under ordinary circumstances, I would suggest you use MenuHack for this, but for some weird reason the code for Ctrl-Alt-Ins (33036) is the same as the code for Ctrl-Ins which is not the same thing.  Perhaps the author of MenuHack (Snakebyte) could provide some light on this conundrum? :?

So, for practicality's sake, use a script file instead.  Copy the following and save it somewhere as a '.vbs' file:

Code: Select all

set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.SendKeys "^%{INSERT}"
Then in the user-command, just use the path of the file:

> "C:\Scripts\Open_Op_Tab.vbs" (for example)

...and add the command to the toolbar as usual.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

that works nicely
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Kilmatead wrote:for some weird reason the code for Ctrl-Alt-Ins (33036) is the same as the code for Ctrl-Ins which is not the same thing.  Perhaps the author of MenuHack (Snakebyte) could provide some light on this conundrum? :?
X2 handles Alt pressed keyboard button as a special case to apply action on the opposite pane. For this reason command IDs of commands with and without alt modifier are same.

Sending hotkeys directly is the only way to handle such cases.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Fair enough, and I assume the same applies to:

32793  F5
32793  Ctrl+F5

...et cetera?
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Yes, in the following post Nikos mentions that Ctrl and Alt modifiers with the combination of F5, F6 and F9 keys are special cases

viewtopic.php?t=5121
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

When Nikos admits his own implementation of keyboard modifiers is "dodgy", one feels safe in the assumption that there shall never be "one method to rule them all".  :sad: :D

Though you'd think some enterprising young AutoIt scripter with a fondness for tinted sunglasses would build in an exception to trap these things... (what is the definition of 'fillip' anyway?) :wink:

That said, such a thing would doubtless destroy the simplicity of MenuHack, considering you're dependant upon x2 for the codes in the first place... leading to such future fun as building in exceptions for the exceptions...
A character in the Terry Gilliam film 'Brazil' wrote:My complications seem to have developed complications!

Cheers, thanks for the clarity.
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

:lol:

Kilmatead, you made me create this exception for exception.

I have updated Menuhack to accept new parameters which will simulate Ctrl, Alt or Shift keys down while X2 command is being executed. You can download the new version from here.

I have tested it for following commands

Copy with confirmation dialog
>"C:\Tools\MenuHackv1.1.exe" 32793

Copy without confirmation
>"C:\Tools\MenuHackv1.1.exe" 32793  CTRL

Open new Tab in Current pane
>"C:\Tools\MenuHackv1.1.exe" 33036

Open new Tab in Opposite pane
>"C:\Tools\MenuHackv1.1.exe" 33036 ALT

Let me know if this works for you and I will update its original post.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

snakebyte wrote:...you made me create this...
Indeed, all are mere pawns in my dastardly plan for world domination.  :D  But why oh why do the pretty girls not jump to attention when I snap my fingers?  My plan must be incomplete.

However, I have no complaints about the new MenuHack - works perfectly - and very much appreciated.  I can now get rid of the plethora of .vbs workarounds I've been forced to accrue over the centuries.

Now, about those girls...

...gonna get me some o' 'dem blue shades like yours, so's I am, and 'den the world be complete, an' all be cool mon. :cool:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Or it it something to do with the clerical collar you wear? (I did read something about your inheriting the second-oldest profession...)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

narayan wrote:I did read something about your inheriting the second-oldest profession...
I wear many a failed idiomatic noose around my neck - though as to which is the world's second oldest profession... spy, philosopher, politician, lawyer, soldier, merchant, farmer (thank you Wikipedia) - I know not.

Which shroud shall I be wearing when the rope is finally pulled taut?  Perhaps that is how a man defines his place in a world without rules - a mimicry-gimmickry child's game of musical chairs where the last one standing is considered the losing party, and doomed to his chosen Profession.  How unfortunate it was when the last essence of free-thought disappeared from the world in 1592 with a simple que-sçay-je? [sic] and a bottle of wine - we were left with the choices of violence and sloth (very poor vintages of both, to be sure) dressed up as Ambition and Accomplishment.

After all, as the saying goes, precisely how do you tell the difference between a prostitute and a politician?  Having slept with both, what's a poor cleric supposed to do?  If we're all destined for a dialogue with the Ganges anyway, there's no escaping our tawdry escapades, and the consolation of MenuHack's marionette-ing at least takes away some of the pain on the way there, and serves a useful metaphor, to boot.

That we can't all be womaniser's like Arthur Fonzarelli is unfortunate, as every man must have his disrespectful stage in life - and anything that responds to the snapping of fingers so obediently can't be good - unless it's a Zippo lighter or a highly-paid Sommelier.  Two exceptions in a world where popularity defines slavery and the flight of the innocents is as unsettling as a minor chord is fleeting.

Why does everything in the first blush of the sun's hour seem so sad?  I'm always reminded of Bukowski and his dog with the power of ten-thousand Gods - as the summer has faded, so terrible a fate comes to the pretty girls in the end, and as with all science and geometry, we know not how to escape the religious clutch of our own imaginary professionalisms.

1592 seems just like yesterday.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:why oh why do the pretty girls not jump to attention when I snap my fingers?
Because they aren't worth a thought.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012