xplorer2 under construction

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Knowledge Tree, with virtual folders as as leafs.

Here is the use case:

1. Virtual folders:

virtual folders store the result of a named saved search.
(With a little twist: Here, the saved search also stores the scope of search.) Each virtual folder is named after its saved search.

2. Let user create a virtual tree of these virtual folders.
Display this tree as a tab in the Tree pane.
(So the user can see either the actual tree or the virtual tree.)

3. Let the user right click on any node and refresh the tree.
Then x2 refreshes the results by running the relevant named searches again.
SirBC

Post by SirBC »

1. In dual pane mode, I'd like to have a close button (X) on each pane to easily go back to single pane.
2. I'd like to have buttons for single, dual horizontal, dual vertical windows to easily switch between different pane modes.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

SirBC wrote:1. In dual pane mode, I'd like to have a close button (X) on each pane to easily go back to single pane.
2. I'd like to have buttons for single, dual horizontal, dual vertical windows to easily switch between different pane modes.
I also, would make use of these two enhancements.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Not sure why I don't have a really good improvement idea. I guess it's because x² has everything I need (except, probably, a system integration as deep as DOpus'; and, yep, I know that the latter is quite hard to achive, so I don't request it. Everything's fine.).

BTW, I accidentally missed my "one year with x² pro" anniversary, so whatever.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

SirBC wrote:2. I'd like to have buttons for single, dual horizontal, dual vertical windows to easily switch between different pane modes.
This does only make sense, if x2 would remember the last content / opened tabs of the closed second pane. At now you have to rearrange the second (newly opened) pane every time from scratch.

Probably more helpful would be a button for minimizing the inactive pane, just as ctrl-e does this at now.
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Would it be possible to have the copy and move buttons execute their respective functions without the dialogue box popping up every time for confirmation, i.e. a option to skip the confirmation dialogue box.

Mp3tag is a good example of a app which has options for removing confirmation dialogue boxes which might annoy.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you don't want to see the copy/move dialogs press <ctrl+F5> (or is it <Alt+F5>?)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:...press <ctrl+F5> (or is it <Alt+F5>?)
Shouldn't you know these things? :D

It's <Ctrl>-F5, F6, as Snakebyte's MenuHack utility was recently updated to include these previously unusual exceptions (here), and all us munchkins in munchkinland thank him profusely for it.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

here is an alpha version: (32 bit unicode only, no help etc)
www.zabkat.com/kenny.7z

for a change it doesn't throw assertions but it does create a log file in %TEMP% folder, so if you have any problems locate the file called X2tracelog1.8.0.15 [Unicode] DBG.txt and send it to me zipped

thanks
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I created a shortcut to kenny, dropped it on desktop and then closed the old version. When I run kenny using that shortcut, the old version (v13) only comes up.

I am not able to run kenny on Win7 (the old ver5sion runs each time).

[Edit] The old version was running in the background although apparently closed. That is why it restarted when I clicked on kenny's shortcut.

Finally I killed it using Process Explorer, and then started kenny successfully.
Will report if this happens again.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

beginner's corner: if you are replacing windows explorer then xplorer2 stays in memory until you press <alt+X> or File > Exit
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Kilmatead wrote:
nikos wrote:...press <ctrl+F5> (or is it <Alt+F5>?)
Shouldn't you know these things? :D

It's <Ctrl>-F5, F6, as Snakebyte's MenuHack utility was recently updated to include these previously unusual exceptions (here), and all us munchkins in munchkinland thank him profusely for it.
I use Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V; much easier to use, and yes that means that I use Win copy features instead of X2's. that's ok as I've given up on X2's copy/merge.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I am sure that's NOT in the manual. I actually thought that all modes of closing the applications were actually the same (click on red x and the two you mentioned).

Secondly, if an application runs, why is it not visible (or in system tray)?
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Checkered background for Quick Preview Pane?

Post by kunkel321 »

I do a lot of work with .png images that have transparent backgrounds.  Some apps (usually graphics software) have a background that looks like a gray checkerboard.  This let's you see if/what parts of, an image has alpha transparency.  Would be nice if x2 could detect if it's previewing an image, and if it is, apply this checkered background...

As it currently works, a clipart BMP and the same image converted to PNG with alpha, both look the same.

Extra note: I tried changing the 'Active Pane Background Color' and going to Thumb View, but alas, the transparency is still not shown.  

Just a thought  :lol:
atitlan

Post by atitlan »

Would be nice to add a 'Copy' or 'Clone Across' command to the tab context menu.

Thanks!