xplorer2 under construction

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

JohnnyFisma

Post by JohnnyFisma »

Sorry for so many posts... one for each idea I guess.

What about allowing folder groups on the drive toolbar, or on the bookmarks toolbar. I don't like having to go to "Customize => Folder Groups -> etc..." every time.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

johhnyF, you can put bookmarks, folder groups and whatever else on any toolbar already, just right click on the toolbar and pick customize
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Enriched Tabs functionality:

1. Drag-n-drop a tab across the pane.
2. Allow user to select multiple tabs with SHFT+click and CTRL+click
3. In tab's context menu, add "Close all other tabs" option.
4. CTRL+D-click on a table closes all other tabs.
5. Tabs with fixed focus
6. Tabs with scrap pane content.
stereobit

Post by stereobit »

• Better mass rename wizard with regex-functionality.
  • Restore accidentally closed tabs
Echo147

Post by Echo147 »

I'm a keyboard hotkey nut, and ALT+RETURN on a folder should show me its properties, but in X2 it just opens it ala singular RETURN?

Can't find any such binding in customize > keyboard so is it a bug?

Other than that, it's transitioned me brilliantly from XP>7 thanks :D

Edit: Oh there's one other minor thing - is it necessary to have the instance # in the titlebar when opening 2+ windows? ([.14] etc). I use one of those window coordinate pushing utilities, and this makes criteria matching tricky.
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Please sort out the "Overwrite" feature with the contents of nested folders, please make it more reliable and not reliant on time stamps, It would be nice to initiate a "overwrite" with complete confidence that it will do exactly that, overwrite the old with the new irrespective of age, every time...
JohnnyFisma

Post by JohnnyFisma »

Good deal. I was right-clicking on the drive-bar toolbar. My bad. Thanks for the info.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

global custom toolbars!

context menus for toolbar buttons...

right-clicking on drive icons in the drivebar should provide the same drive context menu you get from Computer or the tree panel

right-clicking on custom icons (user commands, bookmarks, etc) should at least allow you to access the item's properties
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

FrizzleFry wrote:...right-clicking on custom icons (user commands, bookmarks, etc) should at least allow you to access the item's properties
I also would use this feature set--especially for bookmark buttons.  I think it might open a huge can of worms though...  What commands should be there?  Properties?  Copy to?  Copy link to?  Open in inactive pane?  
Note that Nikos already added the ability to drag-n-drop into a folder via toolbar icons.
Also Note: Many of the things above can be done with Snakebyte's gizmos.  http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=4896
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

the properties I am talking about are the user commands, bookmarks, etc properties... rather than using the menu and Organize dialog to adjust the custom item.

It would be nice to have the toolbar button shuffle problem fixed... that's when rearranging the user command (etc) list changes the toolbar button... currently the problem happen in other layouts so maybe global toolbars would fix this... the other issue is the layout menu which alpha sorted automatically.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'll see how many of your usual fetishes i can stuff in ;)
a more substantial update will come early next year
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:i'll see how many of your usual fetishes i can stuff in
You think we're bad?  Just wait until Vanessa becomes conscious of the implications of C-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s (Julian, Gregorian or both!) and what it can do for her. :wink:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I think Greek Christmas comes in July or something! :twisted:
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Quick Browsing wrote:...others from the Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on January 7
Used to love it as a child of mixed parentage, my parents got hit twice. :twisted:

Of course, parents being smarter than their kids, used to remind me that:
Many Orthodox Christians have 40 days of partial fasting before their Christmas.
...which took some of the fun out of it.  :(

(And for you narayan, my Fourth Phase of life continues apace, so I don't think I benefited in the long run...) :D
JonBoy

Change request for robust delete and copy

Post by JonBoy »

Lots of good posts here.

I do alot of copying and deleting of files from network servers, SANs, and my local box. For example, if I'm deleting alot of files, I use the robust delete so my box doesn't get bogged down (which works great btw).

The trade off is that sometimes it takes a very long time for all the operations to complete. Would it be to much trouble to be able to "pause & save" option which would store the remaining deletion list so that it could be continued the next time X2 is restarted? Same with a big copy list (like a robust copy)?

I would consider this a "don't kill yourself change", but would be pretty nice if its not to much trouble.

Cheers!