Firefox-like incremental search

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

things were hard before the times of crack tracker :)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

My moral limit is that I don't want to disclaim things I don't want to afford either.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

My own moral limit is surprisingly relaxed depending on how easy (or not) it may be to cover the food bill that week.  But hot-wiring the corporate jet is not out of the question...
Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

Is anybody having trouble with the new version of Listary? I just upgraded to version 3.0.2 and it doesn't work with x2 (but it does work with Windows Explorer). When I type one letter, Listary shows up with that letter in its search box, but after a second or two the Microsoft crash dialog appears asking me if I want to send a crash report (I don't). This is maddening, I like Listary.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Works fine for me in x2 (Win7 x64) - I don't use any of its features other than the basic purpose, so I tend to keep all if its settings disabled, but I don't recall any crashes when experimenting before. :shrug:

I assume you've done the normal idiot-proofing, like restarting Windows, etc. (to reinstate the proper hooks)...

If all else fails, send them an email (their support is quite good, even if you're not a registered user, and not limited to Explorer-only questions - though they obviously don't support x2 by name, if you have a crash-dump they might find it useful).
Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

I'm on XP-sp3. Yep, I did the usual idiot measures, to no avail. And I did send them a note about my situation, but I haven't heard from them yet. I've got the crash reports, so maybe they can figure it out. It's strange that it works with some programs (Windows Explorer, UltraEdit) and not others (x2, ClipMate).
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Hi Brig, I have the same as you. I'm using Listary portable (3.02) together with X2 portable on Win7-32bit, and the new Listary crashes exactly as you describe. I didn't set anything different from the default setup. Should you get any solution from Listary, could you please let us know?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Are you lads using any special settings (in Listary) under the General or Mouse/Keyboard tabs?  Like I said, I keep everything disabled, but even experimenting, I can't reproduce this at all.  (As Brig does mention it fails in ClipMate as well, it does point to a Listary problem, but at least if we could narrow it down to a particular function setting that might help a bit...)
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Not for me, really. Could it be that the problem comes with the portable Listary (as opposed to the non-portable Listary)?
Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

Hey Folks:

I heard back from the Listary guy and he told me he fixed the problem and put a new version on the website. It works! The version number is the same, but something on the inside is different. Try it out and report back.

I apologize for not posting sooner--been busy.

Enjoy,
Brig
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Thanks, Brig. It's working for me now as well!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

And there's now yet another update for Listary (3.10) which curiously (so-say opportunistically) adds built-in support "officially" for x2 (amongst others).

Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Let's have a try. I found these last versions still a bit annoying in the sense that whenever I typed a part of a foldername, Listary was still having focus and keeping the foldername, even though I already went 'into' that folder. (OK, wrong forum. I know)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

somebody should let these guys know that xplorer2 has two frame window types, the other one is ATL:ScrapFrame
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I wonder why Listary's update check doesn't know about new versions. Well, updating manually then...
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012