Display image size

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

quantum_leap

Display image size

Post by quantum_leap »

Hi, I am a new user, what a great program! I have a question, in normal explorer, I used to click on an image and see the image size in pixels straight away at the bottom of the pane. Is there a way I can achieve that in Xplorer? At the moment, I only see file size, modified date and time. Also, is there a way to display kb instead of bytes for the file size?

Thank you
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Welcome to the forum!
Width and heigth of images can be viewed by selecting the proper columns for this. Right-click on the column header (or use shortcut alt+k). From the list on the right side, you can select the Width (S) and Heigth(S) to add them to the current scheme. In fact, that's better than what you achieve in Explorer, because with this, you can also see the sizes of the images which are not selected; also you can sort your files according to size.

If you go to 'Tools' - 'Options' - 'General' tab, you see the option to 'report all sizes in bytes (clear to show kB/MB/GB)'. Uncheck to see filesizes in kB.
quantum_leap

Post by quantum_leap »

That's great. But what about when I am in Thumbnail view? Is there a way to see image sizes in Thumbnail View?
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

In that case, you can use the column 'header' at the bottom of the pane. Here you see information that apply to the selected item. Right-click on this bar, and choose the width and height in the same manner as you would do for the top column headers.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

You can enable the info bars (View/Toolbars) and choose what columns to display (right-click on info bar).

You can enable info tips (Tools/Options/Window/View panes) and when you hover on a file it will show info.
quantum_leap

Post by quantum_leap »

Yes, that's it. Thanks for your help!