sending emails from x2

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

sending emails from x2

Post by nikos »

If you use the menu Help > Online support in xplorer2 you are supposed to send an email to support (hello world :)) but does it work for you? Have you tried it? Please do and let me know

there are a number of complicating parameters at play

* which email client? (outlook, windows live, thunderbird...)
* whether the email client is running or not when you issue the menu command Help > Online support in x2
* whether you are on 32/64 bit windows (and extra confusions if your email client and x2 don't match in this respect)

can we do a little test here and if you have problems let me know?
thanks
nikos
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.11  on Windows 7 64 bits Professional
email client was not running
thunderbird is 32 bits (there is no 64 bits version?)

Window is presented with the needed information ( I cannot send it, but that has to do with the fact that thunderbird, which is my default client, only uses the email addresses that cannot be used here on my work):
======================
YOUR CONFIGURATION
WINVER: 6.1-7601 (win7) x64
X2 Version: 1.8.1.17 [Unicode] x64
Reference:
-----------

(your feedback here)
======================

That raises another question, is it possible to let GMail be the default client? Someone?

But no problems.
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Well, it sort of worked (assuming you got the e-mail).

When I pressed "Send" Outlook closed. Re-opening Outlook the mail had been placed in the Outbox and could be sent.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I don't use gmail but you should find some destktop tool (not a browser) that can access gmail, and set that as your default email client (through control panel, default applications)
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

nikos wrote:I don't use gmail but you should find some destktop tool (not a browser) that can access gmail, and set that as your default email client (through control panel, default applications)
And that is what I don't want. But that gives me an idea, thank you.

I can activate the POP3 settings on GMail and use Thunderbird as well. But that is only for sending email, I prefer the browser interface of GMail.

This forum is great!
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
railshot

Post by railshot »

WimdeLange wrote:
That raises another question, is it possible to let GMail be the default client? Someone?

But no problems.
There is a free program called Affixa http://www.affixa.com/  that allows you to right click on a file and generates an attachment in gmail. Their payed version allows you to send files larger than 25 MB by uploading them to their server and including a DL link in the email. However, I found their payed service unreliable.
Also, if you already composing a message in FF or Chrome you can just drag and drop a file from x2 (does not work in Opera).
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

railshot wrote:
WimdeLange wrote:That raises another question, is it possible to let GMail be the default client? Someone?
There is a free program called Affixa http://www.affixa.com/  that allows you to right click on a file and generates an attachment in gmail. Their payed version allows you to send files larger than 25 MB by uploading them to their server and including a DL link in the email. However, I found their payed service unreliable.
Also, if you already composing a message in FF or Chrome you can just drag and drop a file from x2 (does not work in Opera).
Not what I'm searching for. That is not the behaviour of a default email client.  But thanks for the tip that something likes this exists.
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange