Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ozzii »

--------------------
Here is my original post:
Error with the color coding.

I have this:
File's date 3 days.

Now I put x² in Serbian. I try to edit the rule, boom, x² is closed.
I don't know if it's my translation or something else.
Can someone else try with the same rule.
This is happening only with the dates.
--------------------

It's working but I can't see, modify it...
And can't create a new one with dates (unless I change x² to English).
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I can confirm that this seems localised to the x2t_serbia.dll - I tried 6 or 7 other languages and could not reproduce it - but it does happen for Serbian.  You don't have to switch languages specifically - just trying to edit a rule created using a date-based system in Serbian will cause a crash.
ozzii
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ozzii »

Kilmatead wrote:You don't have to switch languages specifically - just trying to edit a rule created using a date-based system in Serbian will cause a crash.
I saw this too.
Just see some minor diff with the english file for translation. I will update mine and test it again.
ozzii
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ozzii »

Saw some little diff with the English resource.
Change some things and now it's OK.
@nikos,
I will resend to you the changed rc and dll..
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Thank you for all the effort to produce version 2 of the only software I use every time I get on a computer! Even MS Office gets a day off every now and then.

License key upgrade was simple and flawless. I hope others appreciate the effort you went through to make this a painless process.

I may have overlooked it on the new web site, but do you have a link for "Support the Developer" like many freeware sites have? I've used those a few times during less lean times, but there are many times you've responded with a fix or improvement where the person(s) helped may be inclined to offer a tip. I mean, we tip the guy at the airport for checking bags, and that's their paid job! Should we do any less to the individual working hours to add or correct a feature in a program we use daily?

Anyone think I'm off-base here, or any "ayes" to a way to provide support outside of additional licenses (and the occasional positive comment on other web sites)?
------------------------
(Possibly crazy) PJ in (muggy) FL
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I totally agree with your idea of a "Support the Developer" option, as you say, many sites have a donate button.
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Dual pane bookmarks are wonderful -- enough reason to upgrade right there.
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Gandolf wrote:I totally agree with your idea of a "Support the Developer" option, as you say, many sites have a donate button.
                                                                                                                   There it is!
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Thank you. I would never have thought of looking under "Customize Toolbar".
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

When each of us first downloaded x2, that button would have been on the main toolbar.  
After purchasing our license, one of the first things we do is to set up the toolbar(s) the way we want ... and since we've just bought a license, off goes the donate button (did you forget?), landing on the available toolbar buttons list, should we ever want it again.  :o
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

It's a long time since I set-up the toolbar in x². I don't remember seeing the donate button, but I assume it's always been there and, as you say, I moved it to the available button list.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

INEEDHELP - Thanks for the pointer. Who says we can't learn from the younger generation! I never thought to look at the X2Lite web pages!

ALL: Easy as 1-2-Paypal!

Nikos,

Thank you again for all your hard work and perseverance!
:wave:

P.S. - Fred, I nominate this information be pulled into a separate,  STICKY, thread! At least on X2Lite, but preferable also on X2Professional, too.

PJ in (hot, humid, sweaty) FL
panic

Post by panic »

* network folder access speed with tree-autosync enabled improved dramatically; make sure you have GAOPT_TREENONETENUM enabled from Tools > Advanced options (global page: tree only partially expands network folders)
Absolutely LOVE you for this feature! Works like a charm and speeds up network browsing like h3ll :-)