OT MenuHack no longer works...

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

OT MenuHack no longer works...

Post by kunkel321 »

Are there any changes to v2 that would impact the functionality of MenuHack???  My MenuHacks haven't worked since after the first "time limited v2 beta."  (When I lost all my settings due to the time-limitation, and I  had to rebuild my prefs.)  I'm pretty sure I'm building them correctly, and I've reinstalled MenuHack.  Here is a screenshot:
Obviously the one in "My Downloads" won't work because it's not pointing to a real folder...   The ones in .../zabkat should work though...  I've "okayed" MenuHack with Norton, and even re-scanned it to make sure that it wasn't getting flagged as a virus...  No prob there.   Ideas??
(Also fyi, I actually did notice the screen redraw bug ...  I don't consider it important enough to actually report.)   :wink:
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Sometimes after installing a new version of x2 MenuHack wont work for me either but restarting x2 usually fixes it... seems I had to reboot a couple of times.

It happened when I installed 2.0 but restating x2 fixed it.

I don't know what's why this happens but since it fixes easy I have not pursued it much. I did post about it once but no one else was seeing it.
atitlan

Post by atitlan »

Kunkel: Hope by the time you are reading this post your commands are operational again from restarts, as FrizzleFry suggested.

I didn't check my several commands until after several restarts from messing around with toolbar skins, but they do all work.

Good luck!
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not saying this works but

Post by pschroeter »

I thought I was having this problem too after I installed version 2. But I think MenuHack might have started working after I used the commands the buttons were attached to through their regular, built-in access points, such as choosing them from a menu. In any event it did eventually start working for me again.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

Thanks All, for the replies...  I reinstalled x2 again and it seems to have fixed it.
longfellow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by longfellow »

Not running MenuHack, but I had a similar problem: my AutoHotKey scripts stopped working with x2v2. (IIRC, MenuHack is written in AHK.) No AHK problems in the beta. Restarting didn't help, but rebooting solved it.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i wonder whether it has to do something with the x2 window title... although i didn't make any changes there
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I use AHK a lot and had no problems with any of my scripts either running from x² or that run x². I'm now running AutoHotkey_L, and have been for some months, so I don't know if that makes any difference.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

The original MenuHack was written in AutoIt (don't know if he bothered to rewrite or not), using a (usually) more reliable DLL call ("user32.dll" / "SendMessage") to send the codes than the built-in functions - based on the top-most window handle which had "xplorer" in the title.  I encountered this in the betas as well, and tried to recreate it by forcing all sorts of things down the unsuspecting throats of the floating-docks, but couldn't find any conflict.  (The docks shouldn't have interfered anyway, but one never knows what one's children get up to when your back is turned.)

In any event, as discovered, a reboot sorts out any lingering window control handle cache, and the beer flows happily after that... :shrug: