How to bring together foloder above

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

hamigo

How to bring together foloder above

Post by hamigo »

How to bring together up Only the folder ?
Even if I sorted column by updated day.
Please teach me.

I hate that the folder is miscible with file.

sorry my poor english
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

If you've got the latest version of x2, there's an option that allows you to display only folders: Main Menu View > Visual filter > Auto-filter then select Folders. Or just use the Auto-filter tool-bar button.

Otherwise, folders always display at the top, regardless of sorting. They don't get mixed with files unless you have grouping enabled.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Alternatively try Tools -> Options (Window Tab) -> Folders Sorted (select from "as files, separately, or mixed mode").  Sounds like he might be looking for "separately", so folders always list on top.
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

IneedHelp wrote:Otherwise, folders always display at the top, regardless of sorting. They don't get mixed with files unless you have grouping enabled.
Sorry, listen to Kilmatead's advice. I was wrong about folders always showing at the top regardless of sorting. If you sorted by Creation/Modification date, then they indeed get mixed- not the case if you follow Kilmatead's suggestion.

I did know about the Folders sorted option, but I couldn't see it when I looked for it to answer to this post (even though it was in front of me) and I didn't identify it immediately after reading Kilmatead's post because I already looked there before- I'm going blind :D
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

IneedHelp wrote:I'm going blind
...and I'm getting lazy; I should have included a screen-shot:

hamigo

this question was solved

Post by hamigo »

I am pretty happy with the method that Mr. Kilmatead had taught.
Thank you for purposely putting even the screen shot.

The item of the filter that Mr. IneedHelp taught,it seems still to be difficult for me. Because I am greenness, I has not understood the setting method of Mr.IneedHelp.

Thank you for the kindness of everybody :D