V2 Preview: Some Pictures Have Been Blocked

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

atkinsod

V2 Preview: Some Pictures Have Been Blocked

Post by atkinsod »

Just upgraded to v2.0. I'm trying to Preview some locally hosted HTML files with images, and get the message "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Open this item to view the pictures" at the top of the Preview pane.

This seems to be sent by the "native" viewer as if I was viewing on-line, and the message is similar to some browser protections I've seen before. Anyone have ideas on how I can alter this behavior and actually see the images in Native preview?

Thanks!
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Until someone gives a solution, I suggest you should use web archives instead. They display just fine (and there's more advantages to saving compact web archives rather than normal htm).

Last edited by IneedHelp on 2011 Aug 11, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
atkinsod

Post by atkinsod »

Thanks! However, the HTML files I'm viewing are simply a local copy of my website and in simple HTML. Since everything is just local, I don't know why the image links trigger a security violation....
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Funny thing is that x2 tried a connection after I selected a XML referring to macromedia.com translated to various 192.150.*.* IPs owned by Adobe.

Last edited by IneedHelp on 2011 Aug 11, 20:36, edited 2 times in total.
atkinsod

Post by atkinsod »

Yea, it uses IE as the Native viewer (I think?) so if you view a local HTML or XML file with a remote link in it, the preview will really go out to the web. That's why I'm confused as all my HTML pages use relative linking so it should all be local on my hard drive, and yet the pictures won't show. V1.8 didn't have a problem...I may need to switch back until I find a fix!

I've been trying to find if there are settings in IE I can adjust, but I have Show Pictures enabled and it works fine. In fact, if I browse my file system from IE, the pictures show up!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

IE security zones and policies are very hard to grasp. I don't know how to change them. The limitation you see is both in windows explorer and xplorer2. Sometimes there is a button to 'click here to show all content' in the previewer window but clicking it doesn't do anything :shrug:
atkinsod

Post by atkinsod »

I still haven't gotten this to work. If anyone else experiences the same thing and has found a solution, please post here! Thanks.
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

Hi,
I had the same trouble recently with both IE8 and my default browser (The World Browser). I got out of it by making The World Browser my default browser again even though it already was so “officially”. The World Browser automatically reassociated itself with the “.htm”, “.html”, “.mhtml”, “.shtm”, “.shtml” file types in Windows Explorer. I noticed then that the “DDE” “Advanced” Properties associated with these file types were different from IE8 to The World Browser. It seems The World Browser uses “WWW_OpenURL” as the last setting when IE8 used “system”. Maybe you could have a look at these settings.

Alternatively, you could try making Firefox your default browser to see if there is any improvement.

HTH.
Cheers,
Robert
jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: V2 Preview: Some Pictures Have Been Blocked

Post by jimspoon »

Has anyone found a way to disable this image blocking ("some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender" etc.) so that they will show up in the xplorer2 Native preview window? Or any other file previewing program?

I have many .htm files that include local .jpg files and I haven't yet found a way to "preview" these .htm files (without loading the page in a browser) with the images unblocked.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: V2 Preview: Some Pictures Have Been Blocked

Post by nikos »

if you have the latest xplorer2 version, both the draft and native preview use internet explorer for HTML, so you should be able to see all things (?)