Column Headings Don't Match Information

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

GullyF

Column Headings Don't Match Information

Post by GullyF »

I'm seeing some strange behavior with some column headers in the detailed view option. Here's an example:

In my music folder, each album folder contains certain information displayed in detailed form: Name, Modified, Size, Track #, Length, and Bit Rate. And up until recently, those were the column headers. But now, the top portion of that image is what shows in my music folder currently. Notice that the last three column headings bear no connection to the information displayed. The bottom part of that pic shows what is displayed if I change the columns back to what they were.

I have not installed any new programs since I last updated xplorer2, and as far as I know this is a recent (within a week) occurrence. How could there be such a mixed up match-up?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

did you by chance just install w7 sp1 (i.e. let windows update install it)?
It inserts new columns which has resulted in scrambled results for some of them because of index changes.  
x2 stock [S] columns are unaffected.
and updating x2 wouldn't hurt (you didn't say what version you are running)
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I've had something similar happen with the recycle bin.
http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=75 ... ght=column
It still happens from time to time but I've never managed to find a sequence to trigger it. It seems to be when I change the sort column after I've deleted a largish block of files. Refresh always restores the correct columns. O.S. is still good old XP!

P.S. I tried the psychedelic music - no different!!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there is an issue with columns when you are browsing through libraries. Column offsets there are different. So for the time being you must make up your mind whether you want to browse through libraries or normal filesystem folders, and pick your columns accordingly
GullyF

Post by GullyF »

fgagnon wrote:did you by chance just install w7 sp1 (i.e. let windows update install it)? <snip>
No, W7 SP1 was installed on 2/23/2011
fgagnon wrote:...and updating x2 wouldn't hurt (you didn't say what version you are running)
x2 is Version 2.0.0.0 [Unicode] x64, 7/21/2011
nikos wrote:there is an issue with columns when you are browsing through libraries. Column offsets there are different. So for the time being you must make up your mind whether you want to browse through libraries or normal filesystem folders, and pick your columns accordingly
I always browse through the normal filesystem folders when in x2.

Thanks for the responses, but it seems to have sorted itself out. I found this morning that all directories had the proper column heading and the proper information under those headings. Weird, huh? I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again & what may have prompted it...