Quick UserCommands and Bookmarks Editing

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quick UserCommands and Bookmarks Editing

Post by IneedHelp »

Could you add an extra entry called "Edit..." to the contextual menu when right-clicking a user command or bookmark that's sitting on a toolbar?
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

I like this suggestion.

Maybe "Properties" would be a more consistent name for this context menu command since that is what the button in the Organize dialog is called.

I have been asking for a more useful context menu for user command toolbar buttons for a while, adding this Edit/Properties entry would be a big help.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I'd happily support this as well - though I do recognise that first Nikos would actually have to create a toolbar-button aware context menu, rather than the generic toolbar-only (button-agnostic) one that exists now.  He gets grumpy when we mice ask the cat for such bits of cheese which seem so simple, superficially. :shrug:

Of course this opens a whole wonderful can of worms when we think of what else might appear in such a menu (after all, a single-entry would be most boring)...  :twisted:
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

ok, so maybe my wordingis off, but these are the kind of things I was talking about - anything that makes life a little easier in x2...
Live life...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Yes, but your having been around since 2003 suggests you have read enough threads to know that when a lot of people gang-up on Nikos for a single-issue, occasionally that results in its implementation - and conversely - when a thread is filled with 101 different suggestions, it usually results in 101 dismissals.  Conclusion?  Gangs wearing hoodies carrying pipes can change the world, not just make old people nervous.

That said, maybe x2 isn't meant to be "easier to use" - mayhap it would be a greater test of character if we had to drag ourselves across the bloody tiles using nothing but our broken teeth after the boys with weapons are finished with their fun.  File-management is actually a metaphor for our suffering, if you look at it close enough.
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Kilmatead wrote:File-management is actually a metaphor for our suffering, if you look at it close enough.
Universal truth has been spoken. X2 is my dominatrix.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Kilmatead wrote:when a lot of people gang-up on Nikos for a single-issue, occasionally that results in its implementation - and conversely
isn't developer gang harrassment an abuse of human rights? :P
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:isn't developer gang harassment an abuse of human rights?
No more than is the blithe trampling by said developers on the desperate pleas for simple and innocent ergonomic issues.

Just wait until the Windows 8 tablet brigade come calling with comments like "What do you mean there's no touch-interface support?"  Better the nightmare you know (that would be "us" :D), rather than the nightmare that is thrust upon thee by the corporate forces of market "expectation".

Naturally you knew that introducing your undockable-window stuff would unleash a tirade about updating the rest of the UI, no?  Or were we just supposed to be meekly thankful as we collect our pittance of rice from the rich-landowner's fields? :wink:
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

Getting Nikos' to make changes is like pulling your own teeth out :)

thanks ;) (dockables were handy actually)

=-

Whilst we're on/off subject, these were from the time of the 'riots'

and my fav

Live life...