you know you're an x2 user, when...

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

You've failed to go to the parent folder by double-clicking in an empty space, then realising you're using Explorer...

--
Live life...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there's no going back after you tasted the power of the dark side :)
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

...you're using another computer and tearing your hair out at not being able to use x2 for 15mins

...you check back to the forum for changes (esp through December) & no one is posting, not even Special K (lol)

...you look forward to file management and/or programming (nikos incl) rather than changing diapers & listening to screaming!!

--
Live life...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

profess wrote:"...& no one is posting, not even Special K..."
I am an enabler, not an instigator, I'll have you know!  You got a drug problem?  I'm your man.  You got an evil dictator that needs beheading?  I got the blade, brother.  I won't start the revolution, but I will see it through to the bitter end.  For the right price. :wink:

I am annoyed, however, that Sherlock went an jumped off that building - how do you fake your own mangled corpse unless you're Bobby Ewing?  And can x2 help?  Inquiring minds want to know.
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

Who says I was referring to you? I may have been talking about the breakfast cereal.

But yes, K is special :)
Live life...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Never underestimate the devious power of Advertising - you wouldn't know it, but a certain developer has a rather serious addiction to McCoy's Crisps (he's considered importing them from the UK), and their crumbs and salt have been mixed with the blood sweat and tears that make x2 go bump in the night.

To the point where in a fit of midnight madness, he actually did a comparison test:

So, that breakfast cereal may not be all that it appears.  :shock:  That developer who's name must not be spoken has some very strange addictions, and may not be entirely sane - so remember that when next you partake in booting up your favourite file-manager, waxing poetically about "you know you've had too much of the magical kool-aid when..."
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Kilmatead wrote:how do you fake your own mangled corpse unless you're Bobby Ewing?  
The doings
and the screwings
of the Ewings

Please please tell me you're not watching "Dallas" re-runs,

You need curing pronto.
Get out and trim some hedges immediately, preferably with your mind anaesthetized and awash with some good Scottish wine which might help replace those sordid memories of cheezy american soapies...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

dunno wrote:Please please tell me you're not watching "Dallas" re-runs
I'm not, that's just a dusty faded memory of painful unwilling recollection.  Hence the reason to watch Sherlock - a more highbrow approach to perspicacity (thank you BBC).

But the question is, did he actually jump?  The answer is rather undeniably yes, in a graphic way - so the question is how can you fake your own mangled corpse?  (One never knows when such an ability might come in handy!)

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

dunno wrote:Get out and trim some hedges immediately, preferably with your mind anaesthetized...
Well, the best I could do today was to dispose of an old Apple tree as my contribution to global warming...

An interesting fact about Ireland is that here fires actually burn from the top-down, not from the bottom-up - in much the same way as that Simpson's episode where Bart can't figure out why the toilet flushes the wrong way in Australia.  Ireland is not only its own Gravity and Space-Time Continuum, but (just to be different) we mess with the Coriolis Effect too - one of the benefits of not being part of that 21st century you people all think you live in. :wink:

The top-down burning thing we got from the Vikings who just love to burn their dead on elevated funeral pyres (or boats) - and you never see them burning from the ground-up, now do you?  It's a handy trick when you need to dispose of a High King or two.  As you do.  At least every-other week around here.  When we're not jumping off buildings.  As you do.  In a recession.  Or in case a criminal mastermind convinces you it's a wise thing to do.  Which definitely happens every other week around here. :shrug:
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

You know you're an x2 user ...when file management isn't enough & you come to the forums to let off steam. I mean where else can we get that kinda service? Money well spent :)  

Mr McCoys will start charging us and adding a new strapline to the product "x2 relieves stress!" :)

Is that what the lifetime guarantee is about then?!
Live life...
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Kilmatead wrote:Hence the reason to watch Sherlock - a more highbrow approach to perspicacity (thank you BBC).

But the question is, did he actually jump?  The answer is rather undeniably yes, in a graphic way - so the question is how can you fake your own mangled corpse?  (One never knows when such an ability might come in handy!)
*** SPOILERS ***

In the original book and in the Robert Downey, Jr. movie Sherlock does fall and survives (according to Wikipedia, Conan Doyle actually decided to kill SH off but changed his mind several years later). So, as it usually is when someone or something falls, it's all about the landing. He had Molly (morgue girl) and others (person on bike that knocks Watson down) helping him fake his death. Does he actually hit the sidewalk and survive or was that faked somehow is the real question.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

you press F3 to view the contents of files
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

FrizzleFry wrote:He had Molly (morgue girl) and others (person on bike that knocks Watson down) helping him fake his death. Does he actually hit the sidewalk and survive or was that faked somehow is the real question.
Thanks to the magic of suspiciously legal downloads, I've watched the ending a few times now, and he definitely jumps (we presume Moriarty did actually shoot himself in the head) - so there is the extra sniper/assassin's point of the view to take into account - one presumes he wouldn't have just packed up and gone home if he hadn't verified that Sherlock did hit the sidewalk. For all intents and purposes, we effectively see him (or at least a body in his clothes) hit the sidewalk and bounce - Watson is distracted and downright disorientated by the bloke on the bike - which also leads to the paramedics arriving suspiciously soon (like, where did they come from?)  They turn the body over and it's certainly Sherlock in a bloody mangled mess - without a pulse, so verified by (the still disorientated/distraught) Watson.  As the paramedics are loading him into the (again, suspiciously convenient) ambulance, we see the back of a plainclothes female helping them with the trolley.

So, there are enough elements to assume it could have been faked, but this presumes the assassin saw the trick and "didn't care" (or was in league, which is nonsensical) - but the organisation of a fakery somehow assumes that Sherlock knew he was going to jump (Moriarty did thank Sherlock for choosing a "suitably high" place for their tête à tête - thus Sherlock knew the location ahead of time) - but I doubt he knew your man was going to top himself with the gun (again, we presume that wasn't faked).

Also, considering the BBC have verified a third series, we know he's alive (the camerashot at the graveside showed him none the worse for wear anyway) - so it boils down to how do they choose to explain it.  And that's the problem with this series - their explanations of "events" don't always make sense - I'm the first to admit that I was confused most of the way through "A Scandal in Belgravia", never mind the ending. :shrug:

<Sigh>  It'll take them about a year and a half to make the next three bleedin' episodes (judging by the distance between Series 1 and 2), so we have a rather long wait.  Bloody good telly, though, the best from the beeb in years.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I know I'm an x2 user, when...
I keep middle-mouse-clicking every filesystem object I can see in modal windows - and none of them respond properly.  Bugger that.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

... you use x2. So hard to get? Srsly, folks.

But indeed I wonder how easy it is to get the flow. When I randomly run XYplorer (for reasons), I always press the wrong keys first.
One of the many problems (first world problems, at least) we would not have if Windows Explorer would have tabs. And multiple panels. On the other hand, we were less likely x2 users then.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012