v2.1.0.2 clicking on the date/size col return parent folder

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

v2.1.0.2 clicking on the date/size col return parent folder

Post by jgt1942 »

After updating to v2.1.0.2 I've noticed that most often when I left-click in the folder pane
1) anywhere in the size column or modified column
2) In the blank area under the names in the name column
The folder pane will revert to the parent level.

Is there a setting to turn off this annoying behavior? I looked in the manual but was not able to find any reference to this as a feature.[/list]
jgt1942
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this 'double click for up folder' behaviour is there from always. If you find yourself accidentally double clicking when you meant a single click, just tweak your mouse options from your control panel
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

OK that seems to be part of the answer but I also notice the return to parent when I have X2 in the background just to the right of the active window (e.g. my active window is not covering the entire display and I can see a portion of the X2 window in the background) and I single left-click in the X2 folder pane area to make the X2 window active. When I perform this action at least 80% of the time I make the X2 window active and return to the parent level.

In that the double-click has always been a function I assume there is no option to turn it off.

Possibly my Logitech Anywhere MX mouse may be the issue I do at times notice other weird issues with it, especially when using the scrolling wheel.
jgt1942
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

jgt1942 wrote:In that the double-click has always been a function I assume there is no option to turn it off.
Personally, I would love to be able to disable this "feature" as well - I recognise that it's well-intended, but it can be disorienting when using single-click activation (and - um - "forgetting you're using single click activation").  All "convenience" mechanisms should always be optional - that's like the 11th Commandment of interface design in the rest of the world.  Unless, of course, just like the evil tyranny of Apple, Nikos thinks he knowns better? :roll:

And, I might add, your suspicion is correct - such disobedient behaviour is classic of a dying mouse.  Having just replaced one last week that was getting menopausal, I will attest to those precise symptoms. :shrug:

I will also mention that while there is an option to "eat the first mouse click" in panes - don't get your hopes up - it doesn't intercept double-click events... though it will provide a few seconds of endless amusement to try it out only to find that it actually makes everything even weirder. :D
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

OK I just installed a new Logitech M705, I was using the Logitech Anywhere MX. At this time I think it is working better but I will know for sure after a day or two.
jgt1942
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

OK the new mouse did not eliminate the issues I was having and because the new mouse buttons work differently in SketchUp (than the old mouse) I may revert back to the old mouse. With both mice I have a scrolling issue in some applications, example in SketchUp the scroll wheel will zoom in/out sometimes it seems to go nuts when I turn the wheel a fraction the image will zoom to some maximum extent or in X2 if I'm scrolling up/down it will not stop scrolling.

I do have a few Microsoft mice and may test with them.
jgt1942
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

I've been testing with a Vakoss wireless mouse and so far there have been no issues. Based on this results I'm going to assume that the issues I had was due to the Logitech mouse application/drivers and for now stop using the Logitech mouse.
jgt1942