comma delimited search strings did not work

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

AndyS

comma delimited search strings did not work

Post by AndyS »

I have a folder with many AutoIT source files that I want to search for either of 2 strings.  If I do a CTRL-F and enter *.au3 in the file specifier and "func my,func abc" (without the quotes), the search fails.  However, if I use "func my", the search finds the string in one of the files, and if I use "func abc", the search finds a different file.  Why does my comma-delimited string ("func my,func abc") not find the files?  What am I doing wrong?
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

must be to do with the spaces in the strings.

maybe try "func my", "func abc" see if that works.

regards
Live life...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

The only way I could reproduce this was to have "Verbatim" ticked - obviously.  Other than that, separating two strings (even with spaces) with a comma worked fine.  I even liberally sprinkled "func myself" and "func abcough" throughout multiple au3 files in multiple nested directories, just to make sure - found them all as expected. :shrug:

Be sure only "Search all Files" is ticked, not any of the other options.
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

^

Most probably what he said :)
Live life...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

...except the part about a grown man "funcing himself" on a Sunday morning - there's something rather unseemly about that. :roll:

Though I'm sure the Marquis de Sade would have loved to use x2 for similar body-cavity-text-searches all the time, if he had had electricity.  This century may have a profligate amount of shiny tech, but it's so tame in all the human aspects that make us the deviants we really are at heart, regardless of prevailing opinion. :sad: