New Version - still missing marquee

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Randall

New Version - still missing marquee

Post by Randall »

Don't get me wrong, I love this program.
but the marquee select still doesn't work

[works in xp, not in W7 x64].

WinExplorer allows marquee selection in both OS's...I really miss this feature !
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

What is marquee select?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

If what you mean is lasso selection ...
it works for me on w7 x64.
You just have to start the lasso marquee from whitespace.

There is a minor difference in details view in that ...
  • on XP the few empty pixels to the left of the item icon are treated as whitespace for initiating the lasso,

but on w7, they are not -- which is an oversight (buglet) on the developer's part because those blank pixels were created specifically for having a place to start lasso selection in details view when the rest of the pane is filled with stuff.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

A keyboard way is to click an item, then <Shift> up/down.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

In the interest of clarification, Marquee Selection is the posh name for Marching Ants, wherein:
The [selection] border is a dotted or dashed line where the dashes seem to slowly walk sideways and up and down. This creates an illusion of ants marching in line as the black and white parts of the line start to move. Some prefer the term marquee selection, as effect resembles the chaser lights of a marquee, and this term can be considered a synonym.
(And having recently been persecuted for being pretentious around here :D, I'll be the first to stand up and say I had to look up the term Marquee Selection having never heard it before - and that being said, I much prefer the colloquially demotic and autocthonously vernacular "Marching Ants" instead.  :wink:  It's just so much more in touch with the common man. :roll:  Unfortunately, just to spoil the fun, under the Win7 Aero theme the ants do not actually march, instead the pixels enter a state closer to resembling the eyes of an alcoholic as he calculates the emotionally opaque occlusion of a long dark walk home in the pouring rain.)

<"Kilmatead - Now with 50% extra Loquacious Pretension!">