Open folder by macro / command line

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

aml

Open folder by macro / command line

Post by aml »

Hi,

I have the following scenario. Let's say xplorer2 runs as a non-active window. I'm in another application where I have a list of say 100 or 200 frequently used folders, say one is "d:\2\", and many more. I have a macro program that allows for running applications and running files, in the form "run path\xplorer2.exe" and in the form "run abcde" when "abcde" is a file that by Windows, is automatically opened by a given program.

Now back to my question, how to open a folder in xplorer2, with such a macro system, without open xplorer2 first, by the macro, and then have to manually do things in xplorer2 in order to open the folder.

Let us assume I want to open the folder in the currently opened pane (of 2 panes) in xplorer2, which means I want to replace the currently shown folder there by the "new" one (it's not new, I just want it now to be shown). Or, alternatively, how to display the "new" folder in the other pane (of 2), if that is possible, or even, more simple, I have xplorer2 with just one pane open, and the "new" folder is simply to replace the current / previous one there, the tree being visible, too, or without the tree being visible, just one pane with the folder I want to be shown there.

Are there any "command lines" in order to do this, or any scriptlets to launch within xplorer2? If it cannot be done with command lines as above, in the form "run path\xplorer2 / attributes or options", how can I run such scriptlets from my macro program to work within xplorer2 (if there is such a programming facility within xplorer): where is the interface between external launching xplorer2 scripts and those internal xplorer2 programming scriptlets (if that is possible)?

I cannot program within xplorer2, so I would be thankful to have examples of such xplorer2 scriptlets in order to do what I want, to be launched by external macro, if that is possible.

Thank you very much in advance. I hope I made clear what I want. I know how to do scripting in my external macro program, but I cannot learn xplorer2 macro language (if there is any) in full, in order to just view a given folder.

Which one of my 3-digit number of folders would be shown, would be determined by a variable, which means my macro program would read the line in my main application, put the line into a variable, then would do the command "run %variable%" or "run path\xplorer2 %variable% options" if possible. If that is not possible, the variable would to be transferred from my macro program to the xplorer2 scriptlet, which would constitute an additional problem, but perhaps that problem can be overcome.

Probably, what I want to realize is a task that other users would be happy to realize too but don't know how to?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i don't know if this way is the easiest to jump to folders but to open external folders in an existing xplorer2 window use tools > advanced options:

aml

Post by aml »

Thank you for helping.