Ultimate version?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

all the path input boxes offer autocomplete. To get relative autocompletion you must turn off the 'explorer' autocomplete mode from advanced options and use F1 to autocomplete paths
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

RightPaddock wrote:In Ultimate you also get Windows Search integration, and nikos has said that all future significant enhancements will only be available in the Ult version.
Apparently I wasn't the only one left with a similar impression ==>> http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?p=58346#58346

And here someone else who suggested something similar in a different thread ==>> http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?p=58258#58258

RP
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

RightPaddock wrote:Apparently I wasn't the only one left with a similar impression...
And I was always under the impression that the voices I hear in my head telling me to assassinate my friends were malevolent and evil - it turns out they were just lonely ghosts who needed a friend and make a grand cup of tea.

Of course people will entertain their own impressions - it's normal - but as we're all agreed that Windows Search integration is an insignificant and meaningless addition, it amounts to the same thing as if Nikos were to bundle some nonsense like a picture viewer or a media player or rubbish like that.  Any reasonable user would just say, "Ah, just bloat, I get it" and forget about it, and wait for something truly Earth-shattering to befall them.

Point to something real, and we'll talk.  Point to impressions, and I'll give a lecture on why Van Gogh had a fetish for ear-wax.  :shrug:

Ultimate and/or 2.0 has been out around a year now - and (outside of the main difference of portability) if the only thing anyone can point to is an option that power-users wouldn't use anyway (as it requires indexing), we might have a long wait for the avalanche to come and destroy our village.

(Said the boy who never cried wolf. :wink:)