If I could add one new feature to xplorer²

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

If I could add one new feature to xplorer²

Post by pschroeter »

I have decided the one new feature that would make my work with xplorer² a lot easier would be the ability to add a predefined, named, saved filter to the Autofilter menu. I see a little checkbox that appears when you name a custom filter that adds the filter in alphabetical order somewhere near the top of the Autofilter menu.

I haven’t made a new feature request in a while and I though I would ask for my favorite, which I know I have requested before.

Maybe someone has already figured out how to attach a custom filter to a button or keyboard shortcut.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

autofilter only shows simple wildcard filters based on the contents of the browsed folder. If you want, you can define any filter you want and save it in the list of e.g. find dialog filters (use SAVE button there). Let's say you call it MyFilter. Then you can type this filter in the addressbar as follows:

Code: Select all

:{MyFilter}
to filter by it, press SHIFT+enter

for more easy filtering solutions please wait for the forthcoming v2.3
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: If I could add one new feature to xplorer²

Post by Kilmatead »

pschroeter wrote:Maybe someone has already figured out how to attach a custom filter to a button or keyboard shortcut.
Curiously enough, someone did!  It just got lost in the sands of time... :shrug:

(Oddly, I even added an option to "hold <Alt> while clicking the button to filter both panes at once", which I don't even remember doing.  One never knows the trouble one's children will get up to when one isn't looking...)
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

If I could add a feature it would be to have a neat little drive bar above either pane in dual pane mode.