Context menu with columns settings is missing in Mini Scrap

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Fr0sT

Context menu with columns settings is missing in Mini Scrap

Post by Fr0sT »

Mini Scrap columns won't show context menu when right-clicking. Alt+K hotkey is working though. x2 2.2.0.2
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

also View > Select columns should work. I didn't imagine anyone would put the miniscrap in detailed mode
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Context menu with columns settings is missing in Mini Sc

Post by Kilmatead »

Fr0sT wrote:Mini Scrap columns won't show context menu when right-clicking...
Right-Clicking the header will work fine as long as the Mini-Scrap actually has contents.  No contents, no context menu. :shrug:  And it's curious that the display mode is actually saved properly, but the header itself won't show up until you actually deposit something in the pane (assuming it was saved "empty").
nikos wrote:I didn't imagine anyone would put the miniscrap in detailed mode
Uh, hello?  Like anyone would be caught dead wearing last year's lingerie?  Details is the only mode worthy of laying one's gaze upon.
Fr0sT

Post by Fr0sT »

Yep, menu works only when there's something in the list :) Maybe make columns invisible for empty lists as it is for other scrap windows?

Mini scrap also loses "Use d'n'd or a menu..." caption when not focused, I'm not sure whether it is intended behavior or not
Details is the only mode worthy of laying one's gaze upon.
Agree. It's the only view style you can easily navigate in.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Fr0sT wrote:It's the only view style you can easily navigate in.
It's also, à propos de rien, the answer to the otherwise completely mystical Tools -> Options -> Window -> Folders Sorted: Mixed Mode which is an option that flummoxed my poor brain for years.  (For the uninitiated, see page 387 of the huge and scary scary manual.)

And why did I mention that, you ask in a baffled tone of voice?  No reason.  The option just seemed so sad sitting there with no one ever selecting it, like Rudolph the Reindeer.  I decided it needed some championing. :D  I have a soft-spot for lonely and neglected options. :cry:
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

"no one" here.  ;-)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

But at least you're not "with none besides" this time, so it's not too lonely a perch. :D

Tomorrow's "Most Misunderstood Option of the Day" will probably be the options-editor's "Don't Install WH_GETMESSAGE Hook" checkbox, which even after 4 years of sipping Nikos' kool-aid I'm still convinced is only there to impress the noobies with techno-babble and make Nikos sound like a fellow who could whip Arnold Schwarzenegger's arse in a Win32-API erudition contest (which probably wouldn't be that difficult).

Really, I honestly think that's why it's there.  In real life, of course, I do know what it does (at least I tell myself that before pouring a stiff whiskey at 7am) - but to place it in the most prominent position (the very top) of the Global tab?  I mean that's just takin' the mickey as they say in some colder and wetter parts of the world. Image

And yes, I'm aware that one of these days my sense of humour and delicious penchant for steering everything in sight off-topic is going to get me in trouble, but perhaps not today... at least not yet... day's not over... yet... :D
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Kilmatead wrote:
Fr0sT wrote:It's the only view style you can easily navigate in.
It's also, à propos de rien, the answer to the otherwise completely mystical Tools -> Options -> Window -> Folders Sorted: Mixed Mode which is an option that flummoxed my poor brain for years.  (For the uninitiated, see page 387 of the huge and scary scary manual.)

And why did I mention that, you ask in a baffled tone of voice?  No reason.  The option just seemed so sad sitting there with no one ever selecting it, like Rudolph the Reindeer.  I decided it needed some championing. :D  I have a soft-spot for lonely and neglected options. :cry:
Eh!  I've always used Mixed Mode - you mean to tell me that everyone don't!!

Hmmm  - out on a limb - again

rp
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

RightPaddock wrote:...you mean to tell me that everyone [doesn't]!!
Well, considering you are one of the power-users that Nikos seems to have taken up denigrating of late, you've got to look at it from the neophytes' point of view.  Well, scratch that, no you don't - the new motto is "Death to Neophytes!" - which can be put on a banner and hung right next to the one that says "Hang the Rich!" so the universe stays in balance.

How often do neophytes actually investigate an option if it's not immediately clear what it does?  Not often enough, I should think.  Funny how programmes that use tricks like "Tip of the Day" so often use those tips to suggest idiot-proof things that a 3-year-old could guess, and rarely use them to actually "disambiguate the obfuscated" as they ought be used for.

:D