alpha version 2208

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Butterflies must protect their wings as much as heroes of the Trojan War must beware the heels of their feet.  What they get up to when daddy isn't looking is precisely the type of thing you can blame on their mother.  Surely that was the part of the marriage contract that actually swung your vote, no?  And when she takes half of your existence in the divorce, you can be sure she gets the dodgy bits of the code. :wink:  (After all, one must always objectively think ahead and be realistic about your total lack of chances of being happy in this world.)
MKairys
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I love it but...

Post by MKairys »

I love the search bar but whenever I close Kenny he says assertions failed and do I want the log file.  Here is the last bit of that:

Code: Select all

theApp.Term
C:\Users\god\Documents\mine\source\newkenny\registryAccess.h(975) : Assertion failed: lpszKeyName && *lpszKeyName
C:\Users\god\Documents\mine\source\newkenny\registryAccess.h(983) : Assertion failed: init.section.GetLength()
C:\Users\god\Documents\mine\source\newkenny\registryAccess.h(857) : Assertion failed: lpszSubKey && *lpszSubKey
mini assert: rule 0 has uparam
mini assert: rule 0 has uparam
_Module.Term
x2 process gets out of here
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Failed Assertions and Beta versions always go together like coffee and cigarettes.  99% of time you just ignore them, the logs will simply overwrite themselves in the user's %Temp% folder.

The only time you may require any of it (inclusive of minidumps) is if Nikos requests the information specifically when you report a particular bug, or you can cause a repeatable crash or hang that is specific to the beta - if it happens in the current release version as well then it's a separate issue and should be reported as such.

In short, the assertions thrown on closure are perfectly normal and harmless - and, as usual, the eternal caveat applies: Never ever use alpha/beta versions for your regular/necessary/daily work - they are made available for testing or (God forbid) suggestion purposes only (and for people who enjoy hugging angry porcupines in the dark).
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

I'm feeling kind of uneasy about filterbox hijacking the find as you type functionality.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to get there? Can I turn off the filterbox?

Also, Kilmatead has a point about "ghosting" some important icons in the status bar. I'd like to pile on a suggestion to show "sticky selection" status there as well: I had an experience recently when I spent more than a month contemplating filing a bug report about selection that was "broken" in the scrap window - doh!
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

wasker wrote:I'm feeling kind of uneasy about filterbox hijacking the find as you type functionality.
Tools -> Advanced Options -> Layout Settings -> Incremental Search Auto-Filter

Set it to 0 to turn off the "hijacking".  Or 1 to make to more responsive.  Give it a chance before you disable it completely - but it is a matter of choice, at the end of the day.
wasker wrote:Is there a keyboard shortcut to get there?
You may bind one yourself under Customise -> Keyboard -> Miscellaneous -> 33250
wasker wrote:Can I turn off the filterbox?
Tools -> Advanced Options -> Layout Settings -> Filter Box Size (% of Addressbar)

Set it to 0 to remove the filter-bar completely.
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Kilmatead wrote:
wasker wrote:I'm feeling kind of uneasy about filterbox hijacking the find as you type functionality.
Tools -> Advanced Options -> Layout Settings -> Incremental Search Auto-Filter

Set it to 0 to turn off the "hijacking".  Or 1 to make to more responsive.  Give it a chance before you disable it completely - but it is a matter of choice, at the end of the day.
Yeah, I probably should.

Thanks!
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!