column customization dialogue box

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

fenpeppertree

column customization dialogue box

Post by fenpeppertree »

:? In the View>Select Columns dialogue box I am having a real problem with the text box that has the small green funnel (representing a filter sort, I'm supposing). When I try to type in a word, I can only type one or maybe two letters before it becomes highlighted/selected and then when the next letter is typed it just over types the existing one or two letters. I have had this problem from the beginning. I cannot type in a complete word.

I have tried uninstalling/re-installing. I have also tried using the "insert" key on the keyboard with the number lock on the number lock off, this way and that way, but it doesn't help.

Why is this text box doing this? In the Help manual for the column customization dialogue box; the image shows the word "filter" typed in the text box, and the "add" button showing as active.

I would really like to get this glitch corrected.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: column customization dialogue box

Post by nikos »

that's definitely not the way this is supposed to work and it works for me (and most people I imagine). Perhaps you have something installed that interferes with edit boxes? If you post a snapshot of your dialog window as it shows I may be able to tell you what's to blame
fenpeppertree

Post by fenpeppertree »

:| Sorry this is late, always expecting email notifications for replies, and didn't get one for this.
I'm posting a before and after image of how the text gets highlighted before the next keystroke just deletes the entry completely.

I am new to 'computering', but I can't imagine what could be causing this overtyping.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this looks weird and it certainly doesn't happen to (anybody) else or me. This kind of fault may be down to some tool you installed that adds a global hook for some functionality. Does the filter box in the addressbar (main xplorer2 window) "work" like that too?