PJ in (boringly beautiful) FL
bawldiggle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Could this be ...

Post by bawldiggle »

The father of invention :shock:
- are the blades well clear of the sling
- looking over his left elbow ... is he following a line or using GPS to keep it level.

In OZ specifically in my state, the authorities would have a field day with fines

Principal contractor $55,000 fine (first offense)
Sub contractors $8,000 each (first offense)

Subsequent offenses, leave your soul nailed to the front door and leave town ... some fines can be around half a million.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Probably Kilmatead would hack an xplorer2 extension which does that instead of doing it himself.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

One of my personal favourites of watching the lads from the County Council trim the public hedges is when they just tack a generic grass-cutting extension onto the back of a JCB and then drive along applying it vertically to whatever needs cutting - hedges, tree branches, etc. Even by my low standards that's an astonishingly dangerous thing to do on a public roadway. Great fun to watch the drivers with open windows flinch as they drive by though. :wink:

As regards my involvement in the OP's photo, the torque alone would put me off such a stunt. That being said, I have been known to give ablutions towards a pair of steel-toed boots which once saved my tootsies from just such a machine. I was, as I have always been, completely innocent of any fault which could have been construed as being mine at the time of the incident. :roll:
AndyFielding

Post by AndyFielding »

Kilmatead wrote: 2014 Nov 05, 21:58 One of my personal favourites of watching the lads from the County Council trim the public hedges is when they just tack a generic grass-cutting extension onto the back of a JCB and then drive along applying it vertically to whatever needs cutting - hedges, tree branches, etc. Even by my low standards that's an astonishingly dangerous thing to do on a public roadway. Great fun to watch the drivers with open windows flinch as they drive by though. :wink:

It doesn't look like your image has an image. Dang—and I was just starting to decipher what the heck it was you were talking about.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

The entire website moved to a different host a short time back and most images were lost.

This meant we lost many pictures of our dear departed Kilmatead's estate and other fanciful items.

:( :( :(
lank

Post by lank »

pj wrote: 2019 Dec 24, 21:12 The entire website moved to a different host a short time back and most images were lost.

This meant we lost many pictures of our dear departed Kilmatead's estate and other fanciful items.

:( :( :(
Does your last line mean departed from this forum or the other departed? His sudden disappearance leads me to believe the other is correct but do you know something more than my conjecture?