Good luck to all Greeks

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Good luck to all Greeks

Post by sanferno »

I don't pretend to make of this a political battle but, Nikos, today I wish all the best for greek people whatever the sense of it has to you (and the rest of your fellow citizens).

For me as "south-european" is for the end of austerity and for the work and wellness of the regular people. :beer:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Good luck to all Greeks

Post by nikos »

yes, good luck to everybody, god knows what this amateur that got elected will do now! Personally I have abandoned greece and only go there for sailing
AndyFielding

Re: Good luck to all Greeks

Post by AndyFielding »

How can someone be an amateur Greek? I mean, you're either Greek or you're not, right? Or do some people pretend they're Greek just for fun?

In any case, you Greek guys (amateurs and professionals) should feel lucky. Here in the US, we have a mean, cranky 10-year-old president who spends all his time thinking of new ways to feel important. He even creates his own reality as he goes along—and if anyone disagrees with him, he calls them "fake". In fact, before he was elected, he had a whole celebrity career based on how selfish, shallow, mean-hearted and wealth-crazy he was—this pathetic celebrity rich guy that everyone felt sorry for because he seemed so unhappy, empty and pointless. Then he started making speeches and saying that, hey, all he actually cared about was everyone else, and he wanted to make the whole country great again—and enough people believed him that he got elected. (Well, sort of... Apparently some hackers in other countries tampered with the election process, with some help from his campaign staff—otherwise he probably wouldn't have won.) Believe me, it's a huge embarrassing mess.

So being Greek is looking real good to us right now. I also happen to know that many Greek people make fantastic pizza, which seems like a good enough reason to go over there, doesn't it? And of course you have all those little white adobe houses on picturesque beaches... What's not to like? So yay, Greek people. That's what I'm saying.