anime

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

kato

Post by kato »

just wondering if anyone had an interest in anime? or possibly good books?
Timendi causa est nescire
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Kato, What is anime? I tried looking it up in an English dictionary, but couldn't find it. The closest words all deal with animation. :)
Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  --Anonymous
kato

Post by kato »

Anime (pronounced as ah-nee-meh) refers to Japanese animation. Anime is a distinctive form of animation that is almost always noticeable by either its style or quality. In Japan, however, not all anime is targeted to younger audiences. Subjects in anime range from the obscene to the insanely cute. A good deal of Anime is an animated version of manga by a similar name and probably the same person. Manga (pronounced mahn-gah) refers to the Japanese equivalent of comic books. The word manga was coined by the artist Hokusai in 1815, usually translated as "irresponsible pictures."

Anime and manga are significantly different from their counterparts in America. For the most part, cartoons and comic books in America are thought of as being geared toward younger audiences. Cartoons and comics books in Japan are intended for all all ages (Of course, some particular pieces are geared towards certain age groups ^_^). While there are American animations and comics which are intended for older, more mature readers without the need for superheroes, they are seen as something separate from the conventional line of comic books (i.e., DC Comic's Vertigo label is a separate entity from its normal titles). Millions of subway riders in America pass their time reading newspapers or novels on the train. In Japan, you're just as likely to see someone reading a comic book.

I hope that helps alittle. I didn't mean to be so lengthy...  :baaa:
thely

Post by thely »

Hi Kato!

I love animes too : ))
Which one is your favourites ?
:wave:
Do you believe in your dreams?
kato

Post by kato »

well i really like akira, hellsing, macross plus, cowboy bebop, x the movie, ninja scrool, and el-hazard. i love many more but, i cant list them all it would take a few days  :sly: how about you?