Advice...

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

Blues

Post by Blues »

1. What was the one thing that someone told you in your past that helped you the most?

2. A famous quote that inspired you. :)
susie

Post by susie »

I had a boss who as he was training me in my current job, kept calling everything a 'learning experience'. Somehow, I've started thinking that everything in life is a 'learning experience', both the good and the bad. Of course, what I'm learning for in the long run, I haven't a clue.... :) I can't remember any famous quote that has insired me.
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

I remember growing up we had a plaque on the wall that said, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  Reading that everyday, it sort of stuck and I tried passing that onto my kids.  I try to remember that in everyday life, however sometimes I slip up. :)  
Blues

Post by Blues »

The last quote i heard lately that inpired me was "live life like it was your last day, because one day it will be".
 I guess getting older has something to do with how it is afftecting me. You learn things that wasn't so important "back in the day" <as my kids would say> are top on your list of things to do today. I don't have any regrets <yet>  lol I can still jump out of that airplane. Climb that mountain. (Catch Sal off gard with a GOOD joke) <pay backs> lol
Those were great answers  pa sweetie and susie. You are special people for sure!  
Ash

Post by Ash »

When life sends you crashing, bounce back up, put your right foot forward and don't look back. :)
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

another 1 I often use and remember is if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.  I used to tell that to my kids all the time.  Think it helped.  :)
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

if it aint broke .. dont fix it..:biggrin:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

And if it is broke, save money, call a professional to fix it..:biggrin:  :wink:
Blues

Post by Blues »

lol  Taking notes here!  
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

When life serves you lemons, make lemonade.
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Ok everyone, still seeking some advice.  You guys have anything to add????  
susie

Post by susie »

I do have a favorite quotation that I cut out of a church bulletin, and have kept in my wallet ever since. I guess it has alot to do with how I want to be accepted for who I am. (Yes, a little lack of confidence showing through...LOL)

"Everyone kept telling me to change.

"I resented them and agreed with them, and I wanted to change, but simply couldn't, no matter how hard I tried.

"What hurt the most was that, like the others, my best friend kept insisting that I change. So I felt powerless and trapped.

"Then one day he said to me: 'Don't change. Don't change....I love you as you are.'

"I relaxed. I came alive. And suddenly I changed!

"Now I know that I couldn't really change until I found someone who would love me whether I changed or not."

Is this how you love me, God?

Anthony de Meilo, S.J. in "The Song of the Bird"
trigger

Post by trigger »

my best qoute is  
 "sucsses  is a lader  u can climb with u r hands  in ur pockets"
trigger

Post by trigger »

yo its  sucsee is a ladder u CAN'T climb with your hands i nur pockets
susie

Post by susie »

Hey Trigger, I didn't want to reply to that before because I thought I might hurt your feelings. All I could think of is that this person wants an easy way up and boy are you going to be disappointed!! LOL I didn't realize you meant it as a joke. :)