Spring 2002!! - My first robin....

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

susie

Post by susie »

WOW! This is the earliest I have ever seen a robin! All this weekend I could see that some of the birds were back - mourning doves, red-winged blackbirds, but I couldn't believe it when as the sun was setting I heard a robin. Part of me was saying no, it's too early. It must be just wishful thinking! But I heard it again and I followed the sound til I could see it sitting in a tree. Now I REALLY have spring fever and it is still only February!!!! :spin: :biggrin: :party: :beer: (I hope I don't sound too excited!)
Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  --Anonymous
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Lucky you susie! :smile: No I haven't seen one yet. But can't wait until I do. Too excited? no...lol.
I can't wait until spring is really here. I'm tired of the cold. We had some snow today :yuck:
susie

Post by susie »

Thought you forgot us for awhile there!!! You must have been busy. I really enjoyed your visit here and hope it happens again!! :smile: :party: :beer:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Hi:wave:
Yes enjoyed my visit too and looking forward to seeing you all again. :smile:
Guess I'll have to come down if I want to see a robin. Still haven't seen one yet :(
Been very very busy, sorry. But you are all in my thoughts. :smile:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Ok now I'm excited. :cool: Saw my first robin this morning. :) He was sitting on by back deck and he was a chubby little thing. :cheesy: And not only was there a robin, but on the other side of the deck was a blue jay. :) Now I know spring is right around the corner. :love: And the weather has been beautiful, it is 64 degrees and breezy :). Ok just had to share my excitement with everyone :wink: Have a good day :wave:
susie

Post by susie »

Hiya sweetie! Is this earlier than you usually see a robin? I feel that all the birds came back earlier than usual this year. Which has to be a good sign!!! :biggrin:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Yes, this is the earliest I have seen a robin. I often hear them but not see them. Now I see atleast one everyday... :) They love my deck and the trees out back. How was your weather yesterday? We had a very windy day. Winds up to 50 miles an hr. And it felt worse here on the hill....lol. This morning had to go down the street and retrieve a couple garbage cans. And had to go next door and get a table that blew off my deck....geesh. Not sure what else I'll find missing as the day progresses... :) Will talk to you later.
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

:wave: hi everybody  havn't seen any robins yet but have been seeing tons of blue birds for the last few weeks....and yesterday the male and female mallards were on our pond..sure singn of spring :) yes was real windy here too blew our windmill over and our chickens almost landed in sals field.. :bigsmile:
Char
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Again?  :laugh: Those poor chickens.   ;)
Well glad you got them back.  He might have made chicken soup or something.   :bigsmile: Just saw a cardinal earlier today too   :)  Weather is nice now.  Not windy atleast.  :)
Horseluva7589

Post by Horseluva7589 »

I've seen sparrows and chickadees and Pardriges and I saw a few robins and a lot of Blue jays. The sparrows have been here all winter though and they are annoying :angry:  they just keep on Chirping!!!!!!! :angry:  :pissed:  I can't wait untill all the animals come out I live up in Maine so we see lots of moose and deer. One morning I woke up and there was three moose standing there in my front yard I thought the horses had gotton out I was still snoozing :sleeping:  when I herd something then I woke up  and all I saw was a blur and I screamed  :laugh:   :crazy:  I'll let you know if I see any more!!!
Heres a girl who would rather clean a stall than her own room.
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

:bigsmile: well i saw my first robin yesterday... and this morning we counted 15 deer in the back yard :D  they must have eaten well this winter some of them were as big as moose  :turn: also the pussy willows are already blooming...  :inlove: love this time of year
Char
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

:wave: true sign of spring the male and female mallards have landed on our pond  :inlove: last year somthing ate the chicks as soon as they hatched.. hope they have better luck this year... :crying:
Char
steph

Post by steph »

Sorry to sound stupid, but what are "mallards" - do they look like ducks or something? :eh:
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Steph, No you don't sound dumb. I'm sure if you mentioned some of your wildlife by name we would be wondering .... also. Mallards are a very common wild duck here. At least in the Northeast U.S. They typically migrate South for the winter and come back up North sometime in the spring and spend the summer here. Of course, we have a few at our pond that don't know how to migrate and are here all winter long. We usually end up feeding them during the coldest, snowiest parts of winter when they can't find food. :wave:
susie

Post by susie »

I'm a very confused person. ??? The calender says it spring but the weather is acting more like winter. Saturday morning we had snow. Some slush even accumualted on the car windows. Today we had snow flurries mixed with rain. Yet yesterday baby ducks were born and today hummingbirds were hitting out feeder like crazy. :shrug: I just don't know......