Snow - The first snowfall....

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

susie

Post by susie »

Hi everyone, We got our first snowfall yesterday and last night. It only left about an inch or so of heavy wet snow on the ground. And to think that last Wednesday, the record high was broken with a temp of 70 degrees!!! How is everyone else's weather? :)
westernrider488
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by westernrider488 »

the land of OZ hasent been snowed on yet:( meaning kansas. the temp here is still 50, and we are supposed to have a snowier than usual winter b/c of the unstabed conditions of florida during the summer moths. soooo i don't know where our snow is yet   :(:(:( better get here though!!
susie

Post by susie »

Hi everyone. Well, we really got hit with snow Sunday and Monday. I would say we got about 2 feet at the NE Horse Club! :rolleyes: How about everyone else?
westernrider488
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ure gonna laugh!! it is very weird, we have got 3 snows, i don't know if they are EVEN considered snows, since they didn't stick much. we haven't got anything really. grandpa says that he thinks a big one is gonna come :) that would be fun!!! it is also weird, the high to day was 65 degrees!! yesterday it was 30!!
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

well with the warm weather today we are down to about a foot of snow.. the dogs and cat still cant go anywhere other than the paths we shoveled and the drive that sal plowed for us...poor sal had to rescue his plow from a ditch alonside our drive with his bulldozer the next day... thanks a million bud... add a jar of hot pepper poppers to my i.o.u....lol....:yum:  :biggrin:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Hi all :wave:
Well last wknd we only got about 8 inches or so but now it is all gone. :( The warmer weather and rain has taken it away. I love the snow :) just hate driving in it :yuck: I do hope we get some more before winter is over. Wow, Susie, two feet, that is great. It must have looked beautiful. Have a good day all. :)
susie

Post by susie »

Alot of our two feet is gone. You can see bare spots on the ground in places.
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

It is getting warm here. Maybe we will have an early spring. :)
Horseluva7589

Post by Horseluva7589 »

I live in Maine and yesterday it was 65degrees it was so warm I was out in my tank top! I was like it's summer already? LOL.  I  was so happy because I could ride outside in the sun.  I usually ride in the indoor riding arena but the snow was all melted so I rode outside it was so fun. I rode my 3 year old Quarter horse and she was being a jerk.  Whenever I would tell her to go she would just sit there playing around with her mouth. She is pretty funny but she shouldn't be when i ride her it gets so annoying.  Then wheni get off she like runs me over.  Then when i put her in her stall she wants me to take her bridal off so bad she rubs all over me then i get knocked over. Any suggestions? Thanks
westernrider488
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

haha, i don't have any suggestions!!! today, the high is 70!!!! yeah!!!! i am gonna go riding i am pretty sure!! next week the hight is supposed to be 20!!!! enjoy it while we can !!!!
susie

Post by susie »

Hey wr, our weather in NE Pa. has been great also but more like 50-60 degrees. :biggrin:
kaycee

Post by kaycee »

rain.... rain.... rain.... rain.... rain.... etc.

United Kingdom.

kc
susie

Post by susie »

Hi kaycee, :yuck: I wouldn't like rain... rain.... rain.... either. What kind of temps do you have this time of year? Our warm weather didn't last. :( We are going through a real arctic cold spell right now. It was about 10 degrees when I went to work this am.

(Edited by susie at 5:53 pm on Feb. 5, 2002)