Any fishermen/women here???????

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

ramrod98

Post by ramrod98 »

How many fishermen/women do we have here and what do you fish for?

I go fishing most every weekend. I fish for most every species of fish. I fish in NY State quite a bit. I just love getting out in my boat as it soothes the nerves. Well------that is ,,,,if my Lab retriever is not with me,,as he takes the fish back out of the livewell and drops them back into the lake!!!!!! I keep telling him that I will release them when we are done but he wants them released-----NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!heheheheheheh!!!!!!

(Edited by ramrod98 at 2:27 pm on April 19, 2001)
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Ramrod, Welcome to the boards!. I like to fish, but don't often do so. So many things I like to do and so little time!! LOL But we do have a pond on our property with bass and sunnies. And we also have a cat that will try to steal the fish right of your hook!!! :)
ramrod98

Post by ramrod98 »

Hi susie,

Thanks for the welcome. Bass fishing is a lot of fun.
I am sure that the bass in your pond are largemouth bass. If you ever need any tips on catching them, just let me know.
Remember this---All water is controlled by the fish commission. this means that even though you have a pond on your property---you are still obligated to follow all boating and fishing laws. Our Fish Commission can enter your property at any time to make sure that you are following the laws! Lots of people do not know this and end up being arrested for no life preservers or such.
Smallmouth bass are great acrobats and great fighters.

There's nothing wrong with taking some fish for dinner--but------Catch and release will guarantee great fishing for our future generations!

(Edited by ramrod98 at 9:57 pm on April 19, 2001)
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Welcome Ramrod!
I also enjoy fishing but do not spend much time doing it.
I also know the cat Susie mentioned and she definetely does not believe in the catch and release ideology.  Anything that cat catches is dinner!
ramrod98

Post by ramrod98 »

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the welcome. That was a good one about Susies cat! I have nothing against cats or people keeping the fish that they catch.I am still laughing about the cat. I just love people that have a good sense of humor!!! Try to go fishing as much as you can!

Anyone that wants to buy a Pa. fishing license can now do so online. You just pay online and then print it out. You can get to their website by copying and pasting the following address--------
[url=http://www.fish.state.pa.us/

(Edited]http://www.fish.state.pa.us/

(Edited[/url] by ramrod98 at 7:36 am on April 20, 2001)
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

welcome to the boards ram... lol sal doesn't need any points on how to catch bass .. he caught some from our pond and stocked his... his pond is way larger... like 4 times or more..lol... our bass are multiplying well ... must be doing somthing right... we have a bubba bass board.. the kids catch the bass we take their pic.. get doubles ..give one to the kid and the other ones goes on the bass board..  big kids too.. grampa is on there and he is 83.....    :biggrin:
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Hiya ramrod, I am from Georgia and I love to fish,
mostly for bass but I will take what I get :turn:
There are alot of great places to fish around here :cool:
ramrod98

Post by ramrod98 »

Charm/luvzfufu,----thanks for the welcome

charm,,,,,interesting idea about having the board. I think that I will keep that in mind(what mind???). sounds like you and Sal both have a nice pond. We have two ponds here but they are not too big. they are just big enough for my lab to take a swim whenever he wants. Maybe some people would call them a mudhole! heheheheh!!!!

luvzfufu,,
 The south is the best bass fishing around! I would love to take a trip down south and fish for some monster bass! Maybe someday! I live in Pa.
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Hey ramrod, I have some monster bass here and you are welcome to check it out. No one fishes it but me and I release them so there is plenty. I just tried it out today but no luck. Ice out was just two weeks ago here so the bass are not biting yet. But they will be ready soon.
ramrod98

Post by ramrod98 »

Hey Sal,
 Thanks for the invite. That was very nice of you. Maybe someday, I will take you up on the offer. I don't fish much around here anymore. I fish Winola different times of the year and also Lake Wallenpaupack. You're always welcome to go with me on a fishing trip. I am trying to get my boat ready to go Walleye fishing weekend after next. It takes me forever to get anything done due to the medication that I am on from my recent surgery. They are bringing me off of the medication one step at a time.Hopefully, I will be off of it when bass season arrives.
Emelie

Post by Emelie »

Hi I`m a fisching whoman from Sweden.I love to be fishing.
Just right now the autum fisching is started.(i think i wright spring to you Sal LOL)
And what are we fishing? Trout and Salomon .
And where? Right in the middel of the kapital town Stockholm.
The biggers they get last year? Trout 18,something
Salomon 22,8 i think it was.
My biggest Trout 6 1/2 kg.
So we had some records to beat this year.
susie

Post by susie »

Welcome Emelie, Your fishing sounds alot more exciting than ours. We do have some big bass in our pond, but I don't think that beats salmon or trout. How's things in Sweden - what's the weather like right now for you? We are just starting to see the beginning of fall in Pennsylvania in the USA. This morning at 6am it was 50 degrees, but it is going to be a beautiful sunny day!
Emelie

Post by Emelie »

Hi Susie! Just for the moment it´s raining..(not men ...*L* Like it does in Gery musikvideo.... i whould like that....) it´s raining alots of Cold water...Bbrrr...And I don´t like that.....But it`s time for it now....So I have to just bite it hard and accept it. We had 17 gr C to day.
have a nice day....