Time passing... - Where has this summer and fall gone?

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

susie

Post by susie »

Hi Everyone, Can anyone tell me where this summer and the fall have gone to? ???
Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  --Anonymous
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Hmmmmm......good question.
Summer did seem short, and fall even shorter.  I can't believe these cold nights and mornings.  brrrrr.   I hated turning the furnace on.  Even the fall colors werent as pretty and last as long as usual. :(
Maybe we will have a short winter too...wouldn't that be nice. :)
I must admit, I did have a very nice short vacation this summer, I visited a good friend south of me and got to attend Mass at St. Peter's Cathedral while I was there.  It was great, but like all good things, it ended too quickly, just like our summer and fall.
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Have to look at the the good side.
One good thing about getting older is that winter won't last as long as it used to.............due to the fact that time goes by much, much faster than it used to.  :sly:
susie

Post by susie »

Linda, You are right!!! :lol: I was looking at a calender today and thinking in 5 weeks Christmas will be over and it will almost be January. And then there is only two months til March..... :beer:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Yes, Susie, Soon it will be spring again. :bigsmile:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

:(  Susie, try not to go outside today.  It really screws up the soon it will be spring attitude, this snow stuff outside :yuck:  It would be easier to tolerate if I still skied.
susie

Post by susie »

Hey Linda, I had yesterday off.  I was going to do my Christmas Shopping. :spin: But I stayed home and stayed inside. Yes, I have a very funny feeling that it is going to be along winter this year!! :(
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

:xmas: I was off today and I did a lot of my shopping early this morning, :hehe: before all the fun people come out. Oh what fun, :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:, actually it wasn't too bad. It will all be over soon :eh: and everyone can return everything! Did you find any good sales on your shopping trip?
susie

Post by susie »

Actually, I didn't really look for any sales. All I wanted to do was get my Xmas shopping done. :eh: I am such a grinch anymore when it comes to Xmas!!!
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

It would be nice to have it done :crazy:
susie

Post by susie »

8 degrees this morning!!! :shocked: What is January and February going to be like if this is only the beginning of December?? :crazy:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

:crying: It was about 3 or 4 degrees here......It's going to be a long hard winter......I wish I could hibernate til spring.  Or just go out when I feel like it.
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

After last night's storm I am quite sure that it's going to be an interesting winter.  We had many trees down and wires and at least 7 inches of wet snow on top of the ice and the trees are still falling.  You can stand outside and hear them cracking and then falling.  Another storm coming tomorrow......maybe I will be hibernating til spring, but not by choice.
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

We lost the nice birch tree next to the pond.  It was totally distroyed!  :crying:

Attachment: http://netez.com/bbphp/uploads/post-2-29950-birch.JPG
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Dear Sal
I am so sorry to see the birch tree is gone.

Yes Linda it is going to be a long winter I can tell too.  I love the snow, especially when we got 10 inches on Christmas, but hate the cold....brrrrrr.  And hate the ice and slush.  luckily we haven't had any real bad ice storms or anything just some snow.  

Yes Susie, bah humbug to shopping.  I used to love it, now I can take it or leave it.  

Hibernation, now there's an idea.  I would love to stay in til it gets a little warm again.