Time passing... - Where has this summer and fall gone?

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

susie

Post by susie »

Hi Everyone, It's amazing how quickly things in your life can change. :( For now I am going to be hoping time will pass quickly. Back in November, our management declared that they were going to layoff and two people were declared surplus at our location. This didn't bode well for me, since even with almost 29 years with the company I was the bottom of the seniority list in my job title. The company does have to layoff from the bottom of the seniority list in my job title in a certain geographic 'Operating area'. Unfortunately for me, I can only backfill from where they layoff and the people weren't surplus. The closest place they needed backfill is Harrisburg. My choice was to decide to take a job in Harrisburg or be layed off. And I had 7 days to make my decisison. I was given this option on December 17th with a reporting date in my new job of Dec. 23rd. (And yes that is less than 7 days I had to make up my mind.) With being about 14 months away from being pension eligible, I would lose way to much in benefits and pension money not to take that job. So I have to take the job in Harrisburg. My old boss talked to my new boss and delayed my start date til Jan. 6th so I wouldn't have to worry about the Holiday weeks. So I start in Harrisburg Monday, January 6th. Luckily, I have a friend that lives about 35 miles from Harrisburg and I am going to stay with her during the week and come home on weekends. But my life is still is kind of going to suck.... :cry: :thumbdn: :yuck: :crazy: until I either transfer back to this area or when I get to my 30 years take an early retirement. So for now my life will be in limbo. :crying:
Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  --Anonymous
susie

Post by susie »

Well I got a one month reprieve being transferred to Harrisburg. A women that works for us has been out on sickness benefits since early October. She was at the doctor's earlier this week and was told she would be out of work at least another 6 weeks. Based on that my company decided to hold me in Scranton until the end of January. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I am glad for the reprieve but still feel like my life is in limbo. ??? :angry:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Susie,
Sorry to hear about your job........there's just no loyalty in these companies anymore. Don't let them force you into losing your pension. With the way time goes by, even if you have to go to Harrisburg it will go by faster then you realize and then they can't take that off of you. But it really stinks....... so sorry to hear it.
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Linda, I don't plan on losing my pension. In fact, I kind of got another reprieve. The girl that is out sick won't be back until at least Mar 10th. Right now, officially I report to Harrisburg, but am on loan to Scranton. What is good is that my first and second level are now trying to help me. They didn't realize that I would be transferred so far away. They were thinking I'd go to a local office like Olyphant, Moscow, etc. My new boss in Harrisburg doesn't feel it's right so he isn't pressuring me to be there. My boss in Scranton is trying to keep me here. And the second level manager is the same in both areas and she is trying to help me out also. All I can hope is that I can keep getting reprieves until either something in the company changes or the union wins the fight that because of seniority I have the right to bump a lesser seniority person in a local office. But still everything is up in the air.... :roll:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Susie,
Glad to hear that you got a repieve. Sounds like maybe things will work out. :D
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

I mean a reprieve....I've got no idea what a repieve is. :shock:
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Linda wrote:I mean a reprieve....I've got no idea what a repieve is. :shock:
LMAO :lol:
susie

Post by susie »

I don't know about anyone else, but somehow the time flying has changed into the time dragging!!!!! If this winter doesn't end soon, I'm going to go crazy!!!! :x :shock:
susie

Post by susie »

Who ordered all this snow???? Accuweather is already calling it the blizzard of 2003. I sure am glad I don't have to go anywhere or do anything today!!!!