Spring Robin Sighted - sign of spring

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

well yesterday was the first day of spring and it was beautiful..my daffs and hyacynths are popping out and i finally saw and herd the geese fly over... picked a bunch of pussy willow...and cut sprigs of forcynthia and quince to bring indoors to force bloom... was great to be out in the air.. slept like a baby :biggrin:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Okay we are 2 days into spring now...........could someone tell the weather that.   It's snowing, the wind is blowing and it's cold.
I did finally see a robin today.....I'm sure he's not too happy tonight.
I know it was just raining some places, but the road is snow covered here AGAIN.
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

well it's friday and its cold and windy but at least the sun it out... will winter ever end?  I hope the humming birds are smarter than the robins...:confused: :thumbup:   btw sal ... we still need a yummy emoticom
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Yippie, saw my first robin yesterday,  woke to birds singing too.  But it is still so cold  :(  :yuck:
Supposed to snow again tonite, :rolleyes:  I'm with you Charm, is winter ever going to be over?  :confused:  
And I think yummy would make a great emoticon. :thumbup:
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

glad you finally saw the robin sweetie.... and yes a yummy emoticom holding a fork and spoon with a bib and a slurpping tongue..lmao...:biggrin:  glad you saw the robin to linda and like you all said now the weather just has to find out its spring...lol
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

BTW the forcynthia and quince opened up today... great to get a sneak preview of what is to come...
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

well tomarrow is april 1st and we still have snow on the ground and its cold and dreary... that dumb robin didn't know anything :biggrin:  glad im getting to see what the flowers will look like though eventually...:cool:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Well, it's April 3rd and we still have a significant amount of snow on the ground! :angry:  
I just returned from Georgia yesterday and as soon as we pulled into the driveway it started sleeting. :angry:
If it's any consolation, it wasn't that warm in Georgia either. Temps were in the 50's during the day and it was very windy when the sun came out. But I did get some sun and it was more like spring than here. They had green grass and trees and many of the fruit trees had blooms. There were scattered clouds all of the way home but upon entering Pennsylvania the scattered clouds became full cloud cover! :rolleyes: Dreary, cold and cloudy....but there's hope. It is supposed to hit the 60's by this weekend and the sun :cool: is supposed to be out all day tomorrow. :biggrin: Keep your fingers crossed!
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

pair of wild mallards landed on pond yesterday... yay... if they landed any sooner they would have had a concussion.. pond was still froze and deer were walking across it... sal...susie... maybe they were your ducks looking for a new nest sight..lol...:biggrin:
susie

Post by susie »

Hi everyone, The other day I saw a Baltimore Oriole for only the second time in my life. Yesterday I realized that the Oriole had a nest in the tree across the street. I finally found the nest through the noise the babies were making and while I was spying on it underneath the tree with binoculars I almost stepped on one of the babies that had fallen out of the nest. It started chirping like crazy and father Oriole was chattering away. I knew the little one wouldn't make it on the ground, especially in a common walking path of our two barn cats. So I got a horse feed bucket, lined it with grass and put the baby in it and hung it in the tree. I'm not sure yet, but I do think Mom and Dad are feeding it.  :) I'll keep you posted!
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

susie what a great idea... hope mom and dad are caring for it... my cat got two baby bluebirds that flew the nest the other day...:cry:  my chics are getting big... still dont know if any are roosters or not... maybe their all roosters :confused:  or hens :o