Get ICQ!!!

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

susie

Post by susie »

Hi!!!   Big Bear you were in the new bb while I was.  It would be neet to talk to you or anyone else who comes to this bb in real time.  I think you should load ICQ.  Go to Sal's main website netez.com and down load ICQ.
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

No problem I will be installing a real time chat program to run with this board..  In the meantime, check out messenger link at the top it's cool..
:cool:
Big Bear

Post by Big Bear »

I'm somewhat computer illeterate.

What's ICQ?
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Big Bear,  ICQ is an Instant Messenger program.  It is very similar to AOL Instant Messenger if you have ever used that.  In brief, you have a buddy list and whenever one of your 'buddies' comes online it lets you know.  Then you can send messages to each other in real time.  And if privacy is a worry, you don't have to start the program when you don't want to or you can start it and set yourself to be invisible.  No one knows your online but you know which of 'your buddies' is on line and if you chose can then message them.
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

:bigsmile:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Also Big Bear, if you need to send a message to someone and they are not online, you can send it to them and they will get it when they go online, unlike AOL instant messenger.  You can also go in to a private chat with them, and send files and Web pages.  Has lots of features... :cool:  Hope you got it by now. :)