Think spring!!!!

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

susie

Think spring!!!!

Post by susie »

Hi everyone, I know that we are ALL thinking spring right now! :D At least some of the birds are coming back. This week I saw mourning doves and a blue heron. Today I saw bluebirds. The deer are starting to move around alot more. But I can't wait to see my first robin!!!! 8)
Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  --Anonymous
susie

Post by susie »

I saw my first robins today!!! :D Of course, they didn't seem to stay long. There was a flock of about 30 of them and they landed in the field next to our house. They hopped around for a few minutes and then flew away. I guess the pickings are still slim. But it was still good to see them.
susie

Post by susie »

:D WOW!!!! Spring is here!!!! :lol: I fell like an idiot. I want to run and jump and sing and dance. :P What a difference a little warm air and sunshine will make in a person. :)
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Susie.
Since you were the only who seemed to get excited about spring I figured I'd let you know that spring excites me also. Especially the birds being back around. We had a pair of wood ducks that nested in a tree about 15 feet from our deck. We watched the mom sit out on the other tree branch and watch the nest all day. The nest is in a notch in the tree about 25 feet off the ground. The young hatch and jump out to the ground the same day they hatch. I believe they may have hatched that day, but unfortuately we did not see them jumping out.
And anyway, speaking of spring...........I'm freezing!!!!!!!!!!
This weather is ridiculous.
At the top of the Boards screen there is link to
"Change your local weather options"
Sure wish that would work!!!!!!