Off Topic ramblings from x2ResUpdater thread

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Too simplistic - what's mere chemical dependency compared to the vicissitudes and illusions of true free will?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

The answer is simple. Drop the chemistry.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Ah, but people being people, they aren't much interested in doing anything constructive with their lives (and why should they?).  There's a lot to be said for the masochistic approach most humans take to life - there's a reason the dolorous sleepwalk peacefully in oblivion.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

So what is wrong with misusing natural psychedelia instead?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Nothing at all - I'm a great advocate.  But I've done my time in that dungeon, and learned everything I wanted to know about the emptiness therein.  Too bland to ever represent anything "true" - so rather easily dismissed as irrelevant.  Which pretty much explains its popularity.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

This decision obviously makes you a boring, grumpy old pal.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

A curious thing about natural psychedelia is that they are actually of more value for what they represent, rather than for what they pretend to do for the acolytes themselves.  Unfortunately, this fact is oft lost upon the acolytes in their youthful desperation.

And, I might add, grumpy and boring are compliments to a bastard like me.  I could not aspire to more.  I always hated the cold cruel world of your civilisation anyway - its necrosis feeds its own delusion.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Is your civilisation so much different, except that your beer is a pain for my taste?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Do not confuse culture with civilisation.  The only useful thing about the celts is that they are not a truly civilised people - which will inevitably be their saving grace, when the music finally stops.  After Beethoven went to sleep, it took you lads a whole bloody century to fully appreciate the late quartets for what they actually were: polychromatic freedom.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I would not call the Germans "civilised" either. Beethoven, however, preferred to live and work in Austria, and Austria is still famous for its great musicians, but except for the 70s (krautrock) and 80s ("Neue Deutsche Welle"), music was never really important in Germany.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de