Launch with particular folder opened?

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

SimSportPlyr

Launch with particular folder opened?

Post by SimSportPlyr »

Is there a way I can configure xplorer2 Lite to always launch with a particular folder open/selected?

Thanks for any hints.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Launch with particular folder opened?

Post by Kilmatead »

Right-Click the shortcut you use to launch x2, and select properties. On the "target" line, add the folderpath you want to the end of the text that is already there (separating it with a space character). Be sure to put double-quotes around your path.

If you provide a second path, that one will open in the right/bottom pane, while the first one will open in the left/top pane.

"...\xplorer2_lite.exe" /M "N:\Folder1" "D:\Test\Folder2"

Before you ask :wink:, the "/M" which is probably already on the line makes sure that x2 does not open "minimised". It's not really necessary, but it's harmless to just leave it there. If interested, other command-line arguments may be found in the Help -> Quick Start guide.
SimSportPlyr

Post by SimSportPlyr »

Kilmatead wrote:Right-Click the shortcut you use to launch x2, and select properties. On the "target" line, add the folderpath you want to the end of the text that is already there (separating it with a space character). Be sure to put double-quotes around your path.

If you provide a second path, that one will open in the right/bottom pane, while the first one will open in the left/top pane.

"...\xplorer2_lite.exe" /M "N:\Folder1" "D:\Test\Folder2"

Before you ask :wink:, the "/M" which is probably already on the line makes sure that x2 does not open "minimised". It's not really necessary, but it's harmless to just leave it there. If interested, other command-line arguments may be found in the Help -> Quick Start guide.
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks!!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

SimSportPlyr wrote:Sorry for the late reply, but thanks!!
At 11 months, I think you just set a new record for the meaning of "late reply". :D That's like 334 whole generations of Mayflies! Or a mere daydream for a sleeping Cicada. Aristotelian entomology has a way of keeping our mere human foibles in perspective. :wink:

And this on the same day that Nikos was less than impressed with my setting a new land-speed record for x2's robust transfer...

Maybe Karma is trying to tell me something about the time it takes to outrun fate? Yes, it's off-topic, but Nikos really should be more impressed with these kind of things. I mean, what the heck kind of superhuman feats do his children have to accomplish in school just to get something put up on the family fridge?

Life was so much easier before we were all in a hurry. :cry:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you want to get really impressed with real speed, grab a windsurf at 4-5 beaufort wind and check that grin on your face :D
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

According to Sir Francis Beaufort of the Royal Navy, 4 is just a "moderate breeze" and 5 is just a "fresh" breeze. Surely you're more of a man's man than to get all excited about a mere breeze? Didn't you see the end of (the original) Point Break? That's what you gotta do to impress the girls these days. :wink: (Patrick Swayze, RIP)

Besides, I had more than enough trouble learning to water-ski years ago, so I figured out early that outdoor sports aren't for me - Snooker is a real man's game - Lawrence of Arabia in repose, and all of that. You know, a civilised past-time for gentlemen, brandy, and tobacco.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

landlubbers don't understand wind; most probably in 2 bf you'd say it's "very windy"

4-5 bf isn't high seas spec but that's all providence deemed for us in this particular greek backwater. Aeolus must be living somewhere else. In fact most of the time I'll be lucky to get 2.5-3 bf wind, but that's surprisingly good fun with a large sail

arrrrr
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:landlubbers don't understand wind...
Tell that to the recipients of trans-Atlantic jet-streams! In Ireland, we just simplify it down to two types of wind: The normal boring type (which would blow you spoilt pansy-arse Mediterranean types off your Italian loafers), and what's called a "Lazy Wind" which doesn't go around you, it just blows right through ye to freeze the bones (or tosses your fishing boat on the rocks, whichever is more applicable).

You can have your arty-farty Etesian and Sirocco wannabes - leave the proper depressing Levanterian winds to those of us who can handle a bit o' mud and rain flung in our faces. Water sports - pppffft! The last time our waters were blue the dinosaurs were alive. Or maybe that was when Sellafield was leaking...

Curiously, the old Irish word for wind (Sídhe) is also the same as "faeries", which compares well with Silap Inua, the weather god of Innuit mythology who "represents the breath of life and lures children to be lost in the tundra".

Clever little trickers these wind-gods are, and not very friendly. But they do have the convenient side-effect of blowing all our mosquitoes towards the East into your beach-bumming lands. :wink: