Can't write to Android phone top level folders

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

tilgrieog

Can't write to Android phone top level folders

Post by tilgrieog »

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0. I frequently copy files to and from the phone SD cards to my PC hard drive. I plug in via USB cable (because I've never seen anyone successfully use Bluetooth for anything twice in a row). But I only just noticed this.

Running Windows 10 and latest xplorer2 lite. I plug in USB and the phone appears with 2 top-level folders, the 'Phone' (internal card) and 'Card' (external card). In Windows Explorer, I can copy and write whatever I want to those top level folders. In xplorer2 lite I can write to the folders beneath them (Music, Videos etc in the Android file system, plus my folders on the external card), but I cannot write to the top level ones.

Anyone know why xplorer2 doesn't have permission or fails to write to the phone folders where Windows is fine?

Thanks
Adam
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't write to Android phone top level folders

Post by nikos »

is this an idle puzzle or do you really want to copy in these folders?
anyway, I don't know the answer but you can try dropping things onto these targets with the RIGHT mouse button (right drag) and see if you get any interesting options
have you tried xplorer2 professional?
tilgrieog

Re: Can't write to Android phone top level folders

Post by tilgrieog »

Yes I do want to copy to the folder. It saves digging down a level and putting it somewhere I didn't want it (both on Windows and when retrieving on the phone). But yes, I am also curious as to why xplorer2 would fail on it. I haven't got professional, but seemed to me that if Windows could manage I'm not sure why that would be an extra feature in professional.

Oh well. Suppose I'll live with it.