Enlarge font within xplorer2?

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

SimSportPlyr

Enlarge font within xplorer2?

Post by SimSportPlyr »

I should be able to find this information on my own, but I can't seem to.....

How can I enlarge the font within the xplorer2 display, for example, the file lists?

Ctrl-+ doesn't do anything.

Thanks in advance.
lnbrantley

Re: Enlarge font within xplorer2?

Post by lnbrantley »

Tools / Options / Window tab / Main font... button

I have Pro; I assume it's the same in Lite.
SimSportPlyr

Post by SimSportPlyr »

lnbrantley wrote:Tools / Options / Window tab / Main font... button

I have Pro; I assume it's the same in Lite.
I don't seem to have a Tools menu (maybe there is a menu display I inadvertently have turned off?) in v3.2.0.2 xplorer2 lite, but poking around after reading your reply I found the config item here:

File -> Options -> Options -> Window -> Main Font -> Size

Thanks for the nudge!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

SimSportPlyr wrote:I don't seem to have a Tools menu...
While the default display mode after installation is (regrettably) the "Ribbon" view, the more traditional menu system (and the one most referenced when helping users on the forum) is available via:

Applications Menu -> Show Normal Menu

As the Ribbon (even in the pro-version) is itself a cut-down version of the "normal" menu, not all commands are available in it. That said, considering many commands are already unavailable due to the nature of "lite", it's probably a toss-up which is more practical for daily use. At the very least, turning on the normal menu temporarily will give the user a broader perspective of what the full command list really is. :shrug: The ribbon may always be re-enabled again at any time by selecting View -> Ribbon.
SimSportPlyr

Post by SimSportPlyr »

Kilmatead wrote:
SimSportPlyr wrote:I don't seem to have a Tools menu...
While the default display mode after installation is (regrettably) the "Ribbon" view, the more traditional menu system (and the one most referenced when helping users on the forum) is available via:

Applications Menu -> Show Normal Menu

As the Ribbon (even in the pro-version) is itself a cut-down version of the "normal" menu, not all commands are available in it. That said, considering many commands are already unavailable due to the nature of "lite", it's probably a toss-up which is more practical for daily use. At the very least, turning on the normal menu temporarily will give the user a broader perspective of what the full command list really is. :shrug: The ribbon may always be re-enabled again at any time by selecting View -> Ribbon.
Awesome! I didn't know about (or notice) that. Thanks so much.