Length and bit rate no longer appear for MP3 files

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

succus78

Length and bit rate no longer appear for MP3 files

Post by succus78 »

This appears to be particular to v4. They still appear in Windows Explorer.

B
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Length and bit rate no longer appear for MP3 files

Post by nikos »

I just tried both lite and pro versions on windows 10 and saw no problems. Does this information appear when you use the music file's property page?

having said that I've noticed recently that MP3 playback on win10 has gone foobar since the latest windows update, reproduction with WMP and windows's Groove music app is frequently stuck and intermittent. Probably they foobared the codecs and this could also affect media information (?)
succus78

Post by succus78 »

File properties, details reveal all fields are blank. This is Win7, which is in the twilight of its life, but I'm not blaming it on that 'cuz Explorer still notes those details among others.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you are on 64 bit widnows perhaps the problem is the lite version which is 32 bit? Anyway you can give the pro version a try and see how it goes: www.zabkat.com/x2-64bit.htm
succus78

Post by succus78 »

FWIW, 64-bit /does/ show these values, but I'm in a situation where Lite makes more sense.
No previous versions of Lite show them.
But, I noticed something weird. On one of my portable drives, if a link is created in one folder to a file in another, the link will list length and bitrate.